If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #27276  by scampbell3

This just happened a few minutes ago. I was standing on my porch enjoying a cup of coffee and a cigarette. A local LEO makes the left turn at the end of the block. As soon as he gets into eye sight of the porch, he immediately pulls over and stops along the side of the street 20 yards from my house. He doesn't get out of the car, just sits there staring at me. I finish my cigarette, drink some more coffee and stare back at him.

As soon as I went into the house, he drove off as soon as the door was closed.

I wish I could hear the radio traffic....

LEO: there is a man with a gun on west 8th street
Dispatch: what is he doing?
LEO: drinking coffee and smoking a cigarette
Dispatch: do you need SWAT backup? (dispatchers laughing)
LEO: i will monitor the situation and report back
Dispatch: please report if backup or if additional cream and sugar is needed (strong laughter)

:lol: :lol:

OMG...A guy standing on his porch with a gun drinking coffee..... :lol:

Chip
 #27280  by photog

scampbell3 wrote:This just happened a few minutes ago. I was standing on my porch enjoying a cup of coffee and a cigarette. A local LEO makes the left turn at the end of the block. As soon as he gets into eye sight of the porch, he immediately pulls over and stops along the side of the street 20 yards from my house. He doesn't get out of the car, just sits there staring at me. I finish my cigarette, drink some more coffee and stare back at him.

Dispatch: please report if backup or if additional cream and sugar is needed (strong laughter)

Chip

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better keep an eye out your front window Chip!!!
 #27281  by scampbell3

photog wrote:
scampbell3 wrote:This just happened a few minutes ago. I was standing on my porch enjoying a cup of coffee and a cigarette. A local LEO makes the left turn at the end of the block. As soon as he gets into eye sight of the porch, he immediately pulls over and stops along the side of the street 20 yards from my house. He doesn't get out of the car, just sits there staring at me. I finish my cigarette, drink some more coffee and stare back at him.

Chip

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better keep an eye out your front window Chip!!!
They will probably start monitoring my emails now they know there is a guy with a gun in Laurel. :lol: :lol: Just like the York City Police are doing to a OC'er in York, PA. :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #27282  by cappilot06

See I'm the type of guy that would have had to walk right up to him and ask him if there was a problem.lol
 #27283  by MrCoolDale

Yeah, I would have offered him coffee for his stakeout. But I'm just that kind of guy.
 #27286  by stephpd

I'll look at it a little differently. Driving around he see someone on a porch, not knowing you, he stops to see what's going on. Since you didn't seem flustered by his presence he rightly assumes that you belong there and moves on.

I'd rather have police that pay attention then ones that drive around not noticing much.

I give him an A+ for everything he did, or didn't do.
 #27288  by cappilot06

That's actually a good point Steve. Until he watched to see if Chip acted nervous by him being there, the cop doesn't know whether or not an armed intruder is trying to break in. From that far away, the cop must have some good eyes though.lol
 #27289  by Jason

Na, he was thinking.. man that must be a mean cup of joe if he has to drink it armed,,,

..... So do I grab my doughnuts and ask him if he wants a doughnut summit?

na better not..
 #27290  by Jason

stephpd wrote:I'll look at it a little differently. Driving around he see someone on a porch, not knowing you, he stops to see what's going on. Since you didn't seem flustered by his presence he rightly assumes that you belong there and moves on.

I'd rather have police that pay attention then ones that drive around not noticing much.

I give him an A+ for everything he did, or didn't do.
In light of my last comment I agree 100%
 #27291  by scampbell3

It was a "good" encounter, even-though there was not any interaction between myself and the LEO. He handled the "situation" well. Not like some cases in other states.

Chip