If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #28764  by Godasmypilot

I met a fellow from class today who is VERY pro-2nd Amendment and is interested in OC. I daresay he was tickled pink when I told him that he didn't have to get a CCDW to start carrying. He looked at me like :shock: , and then started grinning... 8-) Hopefully he'll join soon, he liked the idea of getting together with us OCers.
Last edited by Godasmypilot on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #28814  by MrCoolDale

Tell him to join us anytime at any gatherings, or hop online. Also, if he'd like, there are those of us that would be happy to join him for a day of OC to help with the first time. It can be nerve racking.
 #28830  by scampbell3

MrCoolDale wrote:Tell him to join us anytime at any gatherings, or hop online. Also, if he'd like, there are those of us that would be happy to join him for a day of OC to help with the first time. It can be nerve racking.
I will be happy to accompany anyone on their first time OC'ing if needed, even if Dale comes along as well.... :mrgreen: :lol: I might even scratch a few pennies to pay for your meal Dale :lol:

Chip (for those who can't tell, it is all in good fun)
 #28836  by Godasmypilot

Yup, don't worry, I'll keep encouraging him to meet up with us. And yes, I will extend the all important first time OC public meal invite Chip. And yes, Dale can come too. :lol: Poor Dale, he just gets so much guff cause he's so extroverted.
 #28844  by dave_in_delaware

Offering to help a first-time OCer out for their public debut is a great idea. I've done that for someone before. It really does help take the nervousness level down a few notches.
 #29020  by Godasmypilot

Yes, I remember the first time that I OC'd in public with Chip. Thanks Chip, it was a great way to get me going. I hope I can do that for another starting DELOC member someday.

Handed out two more DELOC cards, at the March For Life! I was unarmed unfortunately, but as always, I do my best to get a discussion going about the Second Amendment when I talk to people. Two of my fellow parishioners may look into DELOC now.

One is a former NYPD officer who was greatly intrigued by my statement that OC is legal in our state w/o a permit. His words were, "You mean I can just go buy a new pistol and a holster and strap it on right out of the shop?" To which I said, "Yes, I'll give you a card, hang on a minute..."

The other fellow is a guy who used to work on C-5 avionics at DAFB for many years. He has since moved to Felton and likes the country. He seemed a little more reserved about OC than the other fellow, but I think he might at least look into us here.
 #29134  by Godasmypilot

I showed my Mauser to a fellow who is interested, he had Florida tags (Air Force guy) and I asked him if he knew about OC. I wasn't carrying at the time :banghead: so I had to actually start the conversation on OC! Oh well, I'll get more vigilant..anyway. He said he hadn't found enough information on it yet to feel all legal doing it. Of course I reached for my wallet and gave him a DELOC card! He was rather happy to hear about our community, I even showed him where would be a good place to carry his gun when he's underway in his truck.
 #29184  by Boots

Godasmypilot wrote:... He said he hadn't found enough information on it yet to feel all legal doing it. Of course I reached for my wallet and gave him a DELOC card! He was rather happy to hear about our community, I even showed him where would be a good place to carry his gun when he's underway in his truck.
He is wise to get as much information as possible before deciding to OC... and, I hope you informed him about the City of Dover. ;)
 #29185  by Godasmypilot

Yes Boots, I did inform him about Dover. That would be bad if I didn't! :o