If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #29471  by SasquatchAF

well, Im new to the group and already have an incident to post. I was in the Camden walmart the other night at about 1700 hours when there are plenty of people. Open carrying in a serpa, plain as day(as required) Went through the store, bought what I needed and left without incident. The same night I went back with a friend of mine at about 2100 hrs so he could get a few things and was stopped by several management types. They asked if I was a police officer and I said no. They asked if I was military and replied yes, but not Security Forces or MP.

They then wanted to know if I had a permit in which i replied honestly and politely that no I didnt because DE law says you dont need one if you open carry. He began to raise his voice at me and told me it was against the law in which I replied, no, its not but thats ok. He told me I had to leave the store because I made customers uncomfortable.....

at 2100 at walmart there are no customers! If i Made customers uncomfortable it probably would have been during the after work rush for people to get ready for dinner....

LESSON: Walmart employees-slightly on the ignorant side.
But it is a company and they asked me to leave. So I did.
 #29473  by Tate

There have been other people on this Forum that have had the same incident at the Camden walmart before, i myself have OC'd in the Camden multiple times without incident, as well as i Oc in Seaford walmart everytime i am there and have never had a problem. Dont let one incident deter you from Oc'ing not everyone knows the laws.
 #29484  by Tony T

I call it "watched too much TV syndrome". The mere sight of a firearm sends the afflicted individual into a advanced state of irrational fear and paranoia. The mind races wildly, the pulse quickens, the sphyncter constricts, and the voice crackles. :D
 #29491  by photog

I've heard of that Tony!! :pointlaugh: It comes from watching too much MSNBC...