If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #32067  by cappilot06

Let me also say that I had OC'd in this Home Depot on many occasions in the past 2 years with no problem, so I believe it was just lack of knowledge on the part of the employees and manager on duty. They were all very respectful of me, and I was never treated in a bad manner. I think the entire situation was handled very well by the employees.
 #32236  by LordJim

I think the entire situation was handled very well by the employees.
Handled well by the HD employees, and by you, also.

Kudos to them for treating you well, and kudos to you for keeping a cool head. Today you were a true OC ambassador. Well done, Sir.

You get extra points for the crack about your wife. ;)
 #32242  by Amy Blackthorn

dave_in_delaware wrote:I'm not an employee here, so your employee handbook doesn't apply to me."

Thank you. I think this is the crux of a lot of problems with open carry 'confusion'.

I talked about OC versus CC with my boss today, who agreed to fill out my 'form" for my CCDW, and was happy that she could feel safe walking to her car at night if I were carrying. Those "security guards" don't do anything. As someone else put it. "Stop, or I will be forced to say, "stop" again!. Give me a break.

Just because YOUR employer doesn't trust their 'security' enough to hire people CAPABLE of handling guns, (let's face it, this is DE, so they could allow their employees to carry if they trusted them!) doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't be able to feel safe!
 #32245  by Tony T

It's all about covering their ass from liability lawsuits. It's just "easier" for them to say no and avoid the issue. Doesn't make it right though.
 #32251  by LordJim

Nope, not right - just a condition of getting insurance. :(
 #32254  by George

LordJim wrote:Nope, not right - just a condition of getting insurance. :(
I was a partner in a business a wile back. when getting insurance we were never asked about gun policy at all.
 #32257  by WPCatfish

Amy Blackthorn wrote: Those "security guards" don't do anything. As someone else put it. "Stop, or I will be forced to say, "stop" again!. Give me a break.

I always figured if my office got attacked by terrorists, the first burst of gunfire tearing through the guard would at least give us warning...