If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #32348  by George

could remove the "almost" from the title
 #32350  by VWpilot

myopicvisionary wrote:I want to hear the other story!
The longer versions of both stories are much better.........Glad to see you made it on here Alan. Call ya soon. Stay safe ~ Rob.
 #32586  by dave_in_delaware

This is definitely hard to believe.

I had to check the post date for "April 1" ....
 #33474  by smokepork

I'm new to this site and don't want to come off being rude but this story is way out there. I don't buy any part of it. What makes it obviously bogus is his account of a lie detector. It just isn't done that way. Must be an April Fools joke.
 #33476  by knotacare

Well it is true & I was put on a lie detector & I did say yes when they asked if I would do it. The cops didn't believe what happened either until they investigated further & found these people to be real scum bags & con artists. I guess you haven't been down town to the Wilmington Police Dept. I tell you what I'll bet you any amount of money this story is true & the ex chief of detectives will be happy to tell you in person. He is with the FBI now. By the way how is it done you sound like an expert. I'm also not on the forum to tell jokes...sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut until you really know the facts & who you're dealing with........... :censored:
Alan
 #33478  by MrCoolDale

There's a couple things wrong here.

A. The lie detector thing, that's definitely not how it's done. I have enough friends and family in the police force to know a thing or two.

B. If this were true, you'd be in jail.

C. Flying off the handle at people isn't a way to handle yourself, here or anywhere. We are also all adults here and telling people to "shut your mouth" isn't a very mature way of dealing with confrontation.

D. Who are we "Dealing with" Alan? I'm not a fan of veiled threats, so I'm curious where you're going with this statement. Please elaborate.

E. Successful Troll is successful
Last edited by MrCoolDale on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #33479  by Mr.Skellington

Lady MacBeth mean anything here? :lol:

I can't imagine someone calling BS on this outlandish story is a first or that it should come as a shock. Even giving the benefit of the doubt that this happened, why get so uptight over someone else finding it hard to believe?
 #33746  by Delta2Echo

I think it's funny that no matter what forum I go to...there is always someone trying to call someone else out on what they think is a lie. Then the posts continue back and forth like we are little high school girls. If someone posts a story...ok. If it's true, cool, if not, who cares? All that comes of it is the useless banter that doesn't help or prove anything. If you don't believe the story...then don't say anything. All you do is bring more attention to someone that obviously wants it (if the story is made up). ...well that's my two cents.
 #33770  by photog

Delta2Echo wrote:I think it's funny that no matter what forum I go to...there is always someone trying to call someone else out on what they think is a lie. Then the posts continue back and forth like we are little high school girls. If someone posts a story...ok. If it's true, cool, if not, who cares? All that comes of it is the useless banter that doesn't help or prove anything. If you don't believe the story...then don't say anything. All you do is bring more attention to someone that obviously wants it (if the story is made up). ...well that's my two cents.
WE'LL BE BACK TO THE DR. PHIL SHOW, RIGHT AFTER THESE WORDS FROM OUR SPONSORS....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, even though I did not comment on the OP's story, (though my B.S. meter pegged) ever hear of that 1st. Amendment thing??? ... And BTW Delta, welcome to DELOC!!! :pbjtime: