If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #32329  by knotacare

I am the owner of an Office Equipment Company and when I had a large number of copiers in the field sometimes I had trouble getting clients to pays me. So I would go to the customer’s office and remove a section of the copier and wait for a call. Then I would reinstall the part usually a fuser for the monies owed. Only did this a few times and it worked. I told another dealer about this and he tried it with a client that was located in Wilmington. So one day this dealer calls me and says he is afraid to go to this business and reinstall the fuser and collect his money, then asks me to do it. It was near Wilmington Hospital and I was going that way anyway so I said no problem. When I got to there office they acted a little strange and asked if I would mind coming to the back room where the copier was located. I went through a door and this little Italian guy follows me. As soon as I was through the door he pulls a 38 pistol and shoves it in my right side. I was pretty shocked to say the least especially when I looked it the copier room and saw two very large black guys (one was around 7’ tall) holding 45 Cal autos at there sides (fingers not on the triggers) The Italian had his finger on the trigger. I then proceeded to start asking lots of questions. It turns out this other dealer told theses guys I was a hit man, so after about 5 minutes and it seemed a lot longer they let me go. When I came out to the car I was white and an employee of mine noticed that I was shook up. I explained everything to him and went looking for the little lying dealer. He sorta disappeared for obvious reasons ( I think if I would have found him he would have went to the hospital.). The next day I get a call from the Wilmington Police Dept telling me I had to come down town. So into Wilm I go only to be harassed by two detectives who did not believe my story, they even hooked me to a lie detector. I was sitting getting the lie detector test when this guy I know peeks around the corner & asks what’s going on. It happened to be the Captain of Detectives who is the son of one of my neighbors for over 30 years. I saw those two detectives get red as beets when the Chief told them that I was an upstanding citizen and whatever I told them they better believe it . Well I got treated much better after that & it turns out this group of people that held me at gun point were con men from Phila. They got busted and went to prison. The two black guys were hired for protection and never really knew what went on and they were both retired Army. They both cooperated with the police to put this sleazy little Italian away. I got even with the other copier dealer, but that’s another story
Alan
 #32337  by Boots

knotacare wrote:... sometimes I had trouble getting clients to pays me. So I would go to the customer’s office and remove a section of the copier and wait for a call. Then I would reinstall the part usually a fuser for the monies owed. Only did this a few times and it worked. I told another dealer about this and he tried it with a client that was located in Wilmington. ....
Even though they owe you money, sabotaging a customer’s equipment is highly illegal and unethical. I’ll bet you didn’t check that out with a lawyer first.

And, as you found out, other people also have illegal ways of taking care of their problems. Fortunately, you didn't have to 'sleep wit d' fishes'.
 #32339  by knotacare

Boots wrote:
knotacare wrote:... sometimes I had trouble getting clients to pays me. So I would go to the customer’s office and remove a section of the copier and wait for a call. Then I would reinstall the part usually a fuser for the monies owed. Only did this a few times and it worked. I told another dealer about this and he tried it with a client that was located in Wilmington. ....
Even though they owe you money, sabotaging a customer’s equipment is highly illegal and unethical. I’ll bet you didn’t check that out with a lawyer first.

And, as you found out, other people also have illegal ways of taking care of their problems. Fortunately, you didn't have to 'sleep wit d' fishes'.
The problem with lawyers is that they are the only ones that make money in situations like this and how do you know that the fuser isn't mine already and they just decided not to pay for it. A fuser is a consumable item like toner. Whatever I took out was mine & not paid.
Alan
 #32341  by GatorDude

knotacare wrote:
Boots wrote:

The problem with lawyers is that they are the only ones that make money in situations like this and how do you know that the fuser isn't mine already and they just decided not to pay for it. A fuser is a consumable item like toner. Whatever I took out was mine & not paid.
Alan
Good luck with that approach. I'm sure it will come back to bite you hard one day. I know from experience. I've had a few claims against copy machine leasing companies that like to try to throw weight around. Let's say it didn't work out too well for them.....
 #32343  by scampbell3

This certainly was some interesting prose....sounds like a TV story line from Law and Order.

Chip
 #32345  by knotacare

myopicvisionary wrote:I want to hear the other story!
The other dealer was a one man operation who on Tuesday nites worked for another larger dealer in PA. One of my techs went up there every Tues evening for extra work, which was fine with me and the one man operation asked my tech to repair a piece of equipment for him & got paid. I did not know about this & would have been pretty mad if I had known & this tech was the guy in the car with me at the original incident. This all happened about one yr later. About a month after this the one man operation brings this piece of equipment down to my shop for repairs because it's still not working correctly. My shop was closed when a came down so he left it with a neighboring business. The lady saw me the next day & showed me a business card & told me who left the machine with a note from the one man operation that would my tech mind looking at the machine as he apparently didn't repair it right the first time.. I picked it up brought it back to my shop & tossed it 14' in the air & it spattered everywhere when it hit the floor. When the tech came in I told him to pick it up , put everything in a plastic bag & take it back to the other dealer. Tell him if he has any problems please don't hesitate to visit me. Never did come by. Around six months later the dealer was arrested for raping his girl friend or ex girl friend & taking her across the state line to PA at gun point. He is in prison now & I think he's the girl friend now. I still smile about this.
Alan
 #32346  by cappilot06

Damn. You don't carry a grudge or anything do you!?!?!
 #32347  by SugarBoy13

[Scratching head] Huh!?!?[/scratching head]

Kinda reminds me of mall ninjas...