If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #32932  by wwd

Thanks for sharing this. I for one appreciate being learning about experiences, to better equip myself for such situations in the future.
 #32933  by Amy Blackthorn

Boots wrote:
Boots wrote: At the dog park today I happened to speak to the mutual friend mentioned above. Without my asking, he told me how the rifle part of the incident disturbed him. 1) The officer's line of fire would have been over a hundred yards and through a chain link fence, and 2) There were two uninvolved persons sitting next to me on the bench. He said he wanted to ask the officer what the F he thought he was trying to do! I asked if the rifle had a scope on it because he might have just been using that. He said "No scope." :?
:shock: Who does this guy think he is, Simo Häyhä? :censored:
 #34197  by Delta2Echo

Boots wrote:OC'd at the Middletown Levels Road Park dog run area for about an hour and a half. A lot of people were there today with their dogs and everyone was cool. One guy asked me what kind of gun I was carrying and I gave him one of the DELOC trifolds. He said he's interested in applying for his CC license. Overall, it was a very pleasant day and I distributed about six of the trifolds.

Also talked to some park friends there regarding the 4/1 incident. One older gent, who was not there on 4/1, said he heard about the incident from a mutual friend who told him about the cop aiming a rifle at me from across the hood of a car! Uh... :shock:

I have no reason to doubt him, but this info was quite 'disconcerting' to say the least! I certainly don't go around pointing my gun at anybody, and I would hope they don't either.

Anyway, this was just 'hearsay', and I hope it was inaccurate. Nevertheless, I consider the incident taken care of and closed. From here on I trust my visits to the dog park will continue to be uneventful and any further postings will be in another thread; I am done with this one. Time to move on. ;)

:mrgreen:

I know this is all late and wrong...but it's a small world. One of the many people you've talked to out there was my younger brother. He told me about the incident...and I hate to say it, but I personally know the guy who saw the cop aiming the gun at you. His name is Jimmy...and personally that's just disturbing for all the reasons you listed, plus the fact that they were ready to use deadly force without any justification to do so. You were walking your dog with a gun in plain view secured in a holster...I understand the fact that they want to ensure the officer's safety...but that was totally uncalled for and shows the mentality of a lot of law enforcement officers today. I think it's more scary than anything considering the record for the police officers as it seems that even when there is video confirming their guilt, they still get away with it.