If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #34588  by Jeepflexin

Was at Chillis this evening in Stanton having dinner with a friend and his wife who were visiting from AZ and was approached by a group of 3 uniformed soldiers (speculation they were guardsmen ,but I could be wrong, I wasn't really paying close attention to the uniform details). One said he was sorry to bother me but did Delaware allow open carry with out a permit. I smiled and replied "why yes it does". He extended his hand to shake mine and said "that is great, I'm really glad to see Americans exercising their rights, I mean that is what we are over there fighting and dying for so thank you for exercising you right, you are the first I have seen here". I smiled even bigger and assured him that I was not alone in exercising the 2a here and that I greatly appreciated his service to our country. He and his buds continued to the bar and I promptly told our waitress to put a round of drinks for them on my bill to which they all raised their glasses towards me as a thank you.

I left feeling pretty good about the encounter, I typically thank military guys when I bump into them anyhow so that is nothing new, same with buying a military member a drink if I see them out at a restaurant. First time that I had one thank me for exercising the rights that he was risking his life to preserve.
 #34599  by Tony T

Great encounter! :applause:
 #34604  by wwd

Excellent! And thank you. You should be proud! :applause:
 #34620  by dave_in_delaware

:applause: That's an awesome encounter. Thank you very much for sharing. :applause:

It just goes to show: OC must be a good thing, because it's endorsed by the United States Military. :D
 #34624  by Boots

dave_in_delaware wrote:... OC must be a good thing, because it's endorsed by the United States Military.
Well, at least it's endorsed by individuals in the U.S. Military.
 #34858  by DaleL

I had a similar encounter this evening. I was having dinner at Season's Pizza on Rt.13 in New Castle, when I noticed a military man across the restaurant. I walked over and said, "Excuse me sir, I apologize for interrupting your meal but I just wanted to thank you for serving." We shook hands and he said, "My pleasure, thanks for the support." Turns out he is a Lt. Colonel with the Air Guard who recently returned from Bagdad and will soon deploy to Afghanistan. As I turned to return to my table he noticed my USP on my hip. When he was finished eating, he walked over and said, "I see you are also serving in some capacity." "No", I replied, "Just exercising the rights that you fight to preserve. Delaware is an open carry state." He said that he wasn't aware but thought it was great. All in all a great encounter.
 #34860  by wwd

You know? I really doesn't get any better than this. Not just for "America". But for all of us, and me especially. Thanks!!!