If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #34634  by captchuck69

First off my carry style is anything goes. I'll o.c. or c.c. depending on the day or what I'm doing or the weather. When I cc I don't go out of my way to hide it. I carry in a owb concealment holster and just go though my day.
I don't know how many of you are in the same boat now waiting for your renewal permit to show up. But, I submitted everything in mid April and I'm still waiting. So to comply with the law I just open carry.
I have been to the Rehoboth Walmart many times and have oc'd or obviously cc'd with no problems over the past few years. Last week I oc'd with my 5 year old girl with me. After getting inside the greeter jogged upto me. He asked my if I was LE. I said no. He said Walmart doesn't allow firearms carried by non LE's. I said very politely that the Walmart policy is to follow state and local law and I was not violating them. I asked him to call his manager to verify the policy. I waited while he called. He hung up and said that I was free to shop.
He then informed me that as a retired LE he knew the law but Walmart was always changing their policies. But, that oc worries people. Seems like he was the only one worried in the store.
Last edited by captchuck69 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #34642  by wwd

Funny how people just seem to make things up as they go along.
 #34643  by GatorDude

wwd wrote:Funny how people just seem to make things up as they go along.
Gotta justify your stupidity somehow.... :kuku:
 #34644  by dave_in_delaware

You'd think as an employee he'd KNOW their current policy.
 #34646  by Boots

captchuck69 wrote:.... After getting inside the greeter jogged upto me. He asked my if I was LE. I said no. He said Walmart doesn't allow firearms carried by non LE's. I said very politely that the Walmart policy is to follow state and local law and I was not violating them. I asked him to call his manager to verify the policy. I waited while he called. He hung up and said that I was free to shop.
He then informed me that as a retired LE he knew the law but Walmart was always changing there policies. But, that oc worries people. Seems like he was the only one worried in the store.
B.S. works on ignorant people. You called his bluff and he had to come up with an excuse. :lol:

Good for you! :mrgreen:
 #34648  by scampbell3

BTW...what does..."I am retired LE" have to do with any encounter.....WHO CARES!!!! Instead, they should insert the phrase..."I'm an amateur gynecologist" instead. It will have the same effect for the overall encounter.
captchuck69 wrote:
...He then informed me that as a retired amateur gynecologist he knew the law but Walmart was always changing their policies. But, that oc worries people. Seems like he was the only one worried in the store.
Chip
 #34651  by Amy Blackthorn

captchuck69 wrote: He then informed me that as a retired LE he knew the law but Walmart was always changing their policies. But, that oc worries people. Seems like he was the only one worried in the store.

"OC worries people?!?" Pardon my bluntness, but who gives a :censored: ? Personally, I worry about being robbed, raped and murdered. Seeing an armed citizen who is in no way threatening anyone or drawing attention to their side arm is not going to bother me. I conduct myself as a professional, People should be more worried about the thugs of the world, than what I am doing.

Where exactly are people getting the idea that they have a constitutional right to never be offended or worried?? I have never heard, "Life, Liberty and never be offended."

Before I started carrying daily, I would notice a firearm being carried, but not in a :o way. Matt made it a game to see if I could identify different firearms. So for me it was a was a learning experience. It is the same way I learned ballistics of common rounds.
 #34654  by DMac

That's strange. I open carry in that Walmart all the time and have never had a problem. Maybe the guy was new.
 #34659  by captchuck69

This guy is an older gentleman, generally works the garden center entrance door. I oc'd passed him the day before. So, who knows??? I think he knows :idea: the policy now. ;)