If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #34635  by captchuck69

I live in Delaware and work in VA. I was arriving at my fiancee's apt in Reston, VA about 12midnight. On the steps of the apt building a floor up a couple was in a very heated argument. The male starting pushing the female around. I yell to them. Is everything ok do you need any help. He then started beating the female, punching her throwing her into the brick wall. I yell for him the get the f*** off her, but he didn't. I gripped my weapon. 5-6 more males an a female came onto the steps. Fighting. I then yelled. I am armed. I'm calling the police. Get the F*** off her. I drew my cell phone with my other hand and dialed 911. They all ran into the building continuing to yell and fight. I when into the apartment for a few mins then went back out to get the rest of my stuff from my car. 12 police cars were in the parking lot. I told them I was the one who called and what had happened. I told them I was armed and had a carry permit (was cc'ing). They just smiled and told me they had talked to the people and were glad the flight had stopped before they got there. Didn't ask for my permit or anything.
I'm sure there are mixed opinions out there about intervening in situations as a carrier. But, it was the first time in over 20years of carrying I have done so. I'm not out looking for trouble. But, if that was my daughter being beaten or worse I would hope someone would come to her aid.
 #34645  by dave_in_delaware

That woman needed someone's help since that guy was beating her. I'm glad you were there to help out!
 #34647  by Boots

:applause: :applause: :applause:
 #34649  by Mr.Skellington

Hey you!

Thanks for being that guy they shouldn't have :censored: with.
:) :applause:
 #34653  by Jason

Mr.Skellington wrote:Hey you!

Thanks for being that guy they shouldn't have :censored: with.
:) :applause:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

You may have saved a life!!
 #34658  by captchuck69

Thank you all for your positive response. I have done a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking of this, and realize I made a few mistakes. Didn't watch my back. Should have fallen back more to make the 911 call. If they had come charging down the steps at me it would have gotten very ugly. But, all in all, I didn't come back out and see a dead girl at the bottom of the steps. :|