If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #35814  by Guard_Duck

This morning, during running around, dropping people off at the train station, I was on my way to Meadowood to a family members yard sale and to visit. Stopped by Burger King for a quick bite, and as I was at the fountain getting my drink, a guy asked me "Is that a paintball gun?" It took just about everything I had not to burst out laughing, but I kept a semi-straight face and replied that it wasn't. Then he asked if I was in Law Enforcement, negative on that one. Then I had a good 5 minute or so conversation with him about Open Carry, and handed out a card.

On a side note, it's amazing how much inaccurate and just plain wrong information there is out there about OC and CC. I talk to at least 1 person a week who say they took a firearms training class of some kind, and was told that once you get you CCDW, you are REQUIRED to conceal, no more OC.
 #35819  by myopicvisionary

[quote][once you get you CCDW, you are REQUIRED to conceal, no more OC./quote]

Our unicorn!
 #35836  by Mr.Skellington

A paintball gun huh? :lol:

A few months ago I met someone at night who noticed my XD's glowing night sights and told me that he used to also carry a tazer around. I said I've never carried a tazer before since this (Springfield) is more effective. We talked for a bit and I gave him a Deloc card too.
 #35837  by L.et E.veryone O.c

Mr.Skellington wrote:A paintball gun huh? :lol:

A few months ago I met someone at night who noticed my XD's glowing night sights and told me that he used to also carry a tazer around. I said I've never carried a tazer before since this (Springfield) is more effective. We talked for a bit and I gave him a Deloc card too.
I would watch out for that one. Do not open carry or conceal carry a TAZER! They are illegal in New Castle County under the NON Leathal Electronic Devices.
If you hear of anyone doing so please inform them , you
May be saving them from future mistakes.
 #35838  by Mr.Skellington

I got the impression he was using it for work related purposes and since he was speaking in the past tense I didn't bother to go into that.

Still a good warning to post in this thread for any lurkers taking that reference as a green light to carry a tazer. Tazer is still a no-no in DE.
 #35854  by George

Mr.Skellington wrote:I got the impression he was using it for work related purposes and since he was speaking in the past tense I didn't bother to go into that.

Still a good warning to post in this thread for any lurkers taking that reference as a green light to carry a tazer. Tazer is still a no-no in DE.
not everyone lives or works in NewCastle county
 #35862  by Mr.Skellington

George wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:I got the impression he was using it for work related purposes and since he was speaking in the past tense I didn't bother to go into that.

not everyone lives or works in NewCastle county
True. NCC is usually the edge of the map for me :)
 #35863  by WPCatfish

George wrote: not everyone lives or works in NewCastle county

There's worse places....like Somerset County.