If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #36358  by Delta2Echo

So coming home from work I pass a guy on 299 getting a sobriety test at the start of the construction surfacing the road...think nothing of it and head out to the wawa on 301 as I wanted to grab something. I'm in line and a guy asks me,

"Is that a taser?" :lol:
"no, sir. .40 caliber pistol."
"oh, really!? Are you a law enforcement officer?"
"no, sir."
"what are you?"

At this point I let him know that I was a regular citizen practicing my right to open carry as it's legal in DE. I also let him know about the site, etc. He went on to ask me "how long [has it been legal]?"
To which I replied quite a while. He then asked,

"well it's not loaded, right?" :banghead:
"well I'm not going to carry it unloaded, that's just asking for trouble."

He then attempted to argue that it must not have been legal for that long as he's never seen anyone that wasn't a cop carry a gun on their hip. He also commented that his brother in law has been a state cop for over 22 years...I waited for the point of that statement but it never came. So he changed the subject to coming into town, he was behind a truck at the start of the road work and when the flagger changed from stop to slow...the truck didn't move. Well the MPD officer proceeded to walk up to the passenger side and start rocking the truck back and forth...apparently the driver passed out at the wheel and it wasn't until the cop was banging on the window that he finally came to. The cop asked if he had been drinking, to which the gentleman replied that he had 2 beers... :pointlaugh:

Why is that like...the automated response from all drunk people? It's like...a guy runs a red light, hops a curb and crashed into a McDonald's drive through window, then get out and take a leak in the fries...
"sir, have you been drinking tonight?"
"Ok, I'm not gonna lie officisser, I've haddadad 2 beerseses :::hiccup::: :::fart:::"
 #36372  by Jacques

myopicvisionary wrote:I carry in that Wawa everytime I am in Middletown.
Been there... Done that... Last time I was there some folks from MD gave me the :shock: look, but said nothing!
 #36374  by Mr.Skellington

Ha, another tazer assumption :lol: . Someone thought the same of my XD a few months ago.

The rest of that encounter was pretty funny as well.
 #36377  by Amy Blackthorn

Delta2Echo wrote: "oh, really!? Are you a law enforcement officer?"
"no, sir."
"what are you?"

He then attempted to argue that it must not have been legal for that long as he's never seen anyone that wasn't a cop carry a gun on their hip.
Well that's the problem isn't it? He already assumed you were a cop. If he assumed you were a cop, he probably assumes everyone he sees with a firearm to be in Law Enforcement. So how does he KNOW he's never seen someone Open Carrying?
 #36388  by Delta2Echo

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
Delta2Echo wrote: "oh, really!? Are you a law enforcement officer?"
"no, sir."
"what are you?"

He then attempted to argue that it must not have been legal for that long as he's never seen anyone that wasn't a cop carry a gun on their hip.
Well that's the problem isn't it? He already assumed you were a cop. If he assumed you were a cop, he probably assumes everyone he sees with a firearm to be in Law Enforcement. So how does he KNOW he's never seen someone Open Carrying?
:applause: :lol: touche'