If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #42561  by dave_in_delaware

Two weeks ago (maybe on a Thursday?) my wife and I visited one of our local liquor stores to stock up for the holidays. We've both been to that store before and recognized the cashier. He always looks up to see who's coming inside so I gave "the nod" when we walked past him.

We got our purchases and I put them on the counter. I glanced down at him and noticed something new: an Open Carried handgun. So, I had to comment (because he never carried before). Some parts are paraphrased since my memory isn't as good as it used to be:

Me: "I'm glad to see you're protecting yourself."
Him: "And you as well."
Me: "You didn't need to add that after an incident here, did you?"
Him: "Oh, no. But today's world can be crazy."
Me: "Tell me about it. I started carrying 2 years ago and had to use mine in my own driveway once."
Him: "That's crazy. But I see you survived it."
Me: "Yes, sir!"

We exchanged holiday greetings and left.

Now THAT'S the kind of encounter I like having in stores!

(And next time I go there I'll be sure to give him a DELOC card!)
 #42576  by wwd

What store? I'll patronize it if I'm in the area.
 #42577  by SugarBoy13

It was probably Valentina's over at Jenmar Plaza...
 #42581  by dave_in_delaware

SugarBoy13 wrote:It was probably Valentina's over at Jenmar Plaza...
Actually no, not this time (although they do need some armed prescence inside). They do have a guard outside now at night....

This was at The Liquor Mart in Bear (almost in the corner between the Safeway and K-Mart).
 #42590  by jslacker

Funny, I was in here on New Years Eve and didn't notice any OC'ers, maybe that particular gentleman was not there when I visited. Good to hear somebody spotted another OCer other than LEO's.
 #42592  by dave_in_delaware

I believe that this employee carrying is a very recent decision. It wasn't too long ago that I was there and he wasn't carrying.

But yes, it is a very good thing to see/hear!
 #42600  by GatorDude

I used to shop that store when I lived in the Springfields development near there....
 #42615  by bluedog46

I recall liqour stores are supposed to be one of the stores that are often robbed as there is a good amount of cash. This is aspecially true in areas that are not very upscale ( not meaning crapholes but not greenville delaware either). I would not blame any liqour store clerk. I am suprised most convienience stores dont, but i think there is a corporate policy.