If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #55757  by rosco87

So as I stated I found some things outside my apt today and I have been seeing punks hang outback for quite sometime so I called the police and a officer showed up he assessed the situation I told him about my attempts to keep people from hangin out there IE walkin my German shepherd there throwing his poo in the area etc he laughed and took his pepper spray and sprayed the box Down with it he said if they touch the box then their face it should irritate them I thought it was hilarious anyways before he left I asked him about open carrying he said the dept just had a conference or something about it and it's becoming more popular and he suggested in the area that I live it may not be such a bad idea I can't wait to move out of the apt complex but all in all it was a very positive encounter the cop was awesome
 #55758  by bluedog46

rosco87 wrote:So as I stated I found some things outside my apt today and I have been seeing punks hang outback for quite sometime so I called the police and a officer showed up he assessed the situation I told him about my attempts to keep people from hangin out there IE walkin my German shepherd there throwing his poo in the area etc he laughed and took his pepper spray and sprayed the box Down with it he said if they touch the box then their face it should irritate them I thought it was hilarious anyways before he left I asked him about open carrying he said the dept just had a conference or something about it and it's becoming more popular and he suggested in the area that I live it may not be such a bad idea I can't wait to move out of the apt complex but all in all it was a very positive encounter the cop was awesome
I feel your pain. I did not plan on living in an area like I do. I know the adage of being responsible for yourself, but our relator really did not use her brain about the area that a young couple moved into as their first home. If I had a dog them ( and in the future) I will be walking him in a neighborhood before we buy. I also might knock on a couple random doors to ask if someone is there ( i know is not) to get an idea of who lives in the neighborhood.

As far as dope goes its all over my neigborhood. My wife and I first got our guns after a shooting got too close to home. When a pizza joint wont deliver it tells you an area is bad. It has gotten a bit better though.
 #55761  by rosco87

When we first moved here it was a nice lookin place it seemed quite even the first few months it was great but recently it's just got worse and worse!!! If it were my property they were on they would realize quick they don't wanna hang around my place but unfortunately it's "public" property! Ugh
 #55898  by rosco87

Villages of windhover. Behind governors square shopping center! I don't have too many issues personally but I don't wanna run the chance! My dream home would be hundred acres of land surrounded by woods!! Nice and quiet!
 #55909  by bluedog46

I though those were townhouses people own back there?
 #55911  by rosco87

There is a mix of both townhouses and apartments and some houses if you go deep enough!
 #55925  by Red Alert

LOL, you make it sound like a cult center or wooded area...
 #56600  by Guard_Duck

My wife used to work at that complex, and you have mt sympathies. That place is a sh!thole, and with the section 8 over at Lexington Green, it isn't the safest. The best thing is that the management is clueless about the issues, and has in the past instructed the sales reps to deny that there is any crime/drugs/illegal stuff happening there. What really makes that funny is that one of the maintenance guys who used to work there got busted stealing copper from a school under renovation while he was still working there. Even better is the manager's husband is a retired NCC officer.