If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #60495  by rosco87

My fiance was not happy bout me buying guns mainly cause of
Price but now lo and behold she wants one.... Partly cuz of me and always watching sons of guns and mostly cuz of the area we live in! Just get your girl to go to the range with ya and she will cOme around to the idea I got some guns if you wanna take her shooting PM me and we can meet up and take our girls shooting lol!
 #60670  by rosco87

My fiancé just called and asked if I came back home. I told her no im at work (been here since 7am) she told me someone just walked in the front door, then went out quick and slammed the door. The same time the dog started going nuts and must have scared em off! She said she grabbed my pistol as soon as she knew it wasn't me called the office to see if it was maintenance they said it wasn't them so she called the police to report it and had maintenance come change the locks... We are hopin to get approved for a house we put an offer on soon and get out of this horrible area!!! Also glad I have a German shepherd who scares the crap out of the people in my neighborhood and I'm ok with that !!!
 #60684  by bluedog46

The kind of neighborhood you appear to be in the dog helps. Its a proven fact their are groups that are natural enemies of the dog. Mine shares the hell out of most my neighbor and he is an all bark no bite golden.

Glad to hear she is ok as there are some sick bastards around the world.
 #60686  by bmel17

I'm not going to touch that :? lol

Good luck Rosco! Hope the house works out for you! I have two sheperds and a mutt. One of my sheperds is enough to scare most away even though they are the friendliest dogs you could find. Dogs are a great deterrent to would be burgulars, it's just not worth the extra hassle. But nothing will stop a determined thief. Be safe bud and be glad your armed!
 #60697  by bluedog46

I am glad you are armed as well and I will raise that to say that I am glad your fiance was not afraid of guns and grabbed it
 #60699  by Boots

bluedog46 wrote:I am glad you are armed as well and I will raise that to say that I am glad your fiance was not afraid of guns and grabbed it
She did well as far as it went this time. She (or, anyone) needs to stay calm enough to first determine if the person entering isn't just a drunk coming home and opening the wrong door, for example.

But, being able and ready to defend yourself... priceless! :D
 #60700  by Frank

Bluedog, no I live in Dover.
Dogs are good. I have a Doberman and a Whippet, they bark at everyone who walks past my house. I was going to train them not to bark, because barking dogs are annoying. However, I noticed that more and more people started walking on the other side of the street. Seems the section 8 people have discovered that there is a new sheriff in my yard.
 #60707  by dave_in_delaware

Lascivious1 wrote:... she knows theres crime but doesnt think it will ever happen to us...
I used to think that, too. Luckily I was carrying that evening in Nov 2008 and I lived to tell about it.
 #60708  by dave_in_delaware

Have you ever looked at the Crime Mapping for that entire area? It's not good. Those few communities (behind governors square to the west of Route 7 bounded by Barretts Run and Smalleys Pond) don't look good at all. The mapping shows every type of crime back there except for murder (luckily). :shock: