If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #55981  by SugarBoy13

radnor wrote:
cappilot06 wrote:I'm in to contribute as well.
I'm in too.

Count me in as well!
 #56035  by georgie c

we must educate ourselves.check out the videios on u tube , opencarry harrasment, nhliberty has very informative ones. also the aclu vids on your rights
 #56041  by Strelok

I'll chip in if need be.
One thing I don't understand, what is the difference for a lawyer where you got the money?
If you come to a layer and bring cash in hand what difference does it make where the money came from. Unless I don't know something, I think this is not illegal. If we rase the money trough PMs who has to know where you got the money.
 #56046  by bluedog46

With various members having attorneys involved over harrasment I was curious of something. Is the goal of having the attorney to recover money of some sort of suit or something else. I know in cases of employment discrimination and auto accidents most attorneys take a percentage of what you win AFTER the case settles and ask for nothing up front.
 #56052  by astro_wanabe

If i'm not mistaken, it mostly depends on what the lawyer is willing to accept. They have to cover costs ya know. If they really think you'll win they might accept a cut of winnings after it's done, if they aren't sure or just aren't financially able to accept that they might want a retainer paid up front. The retainer lets them start paying for their time and expenses, but it also shows that you, being the actual named client, aren't wasting their time and really are commited to seeing the case through. If they want the retainer up front in part to show your commitment (and potential ability to pay for more costs later) then having other people donate the money doesn't really help. Your donors might not be as generous later, and if you can't pay for the case yourself then you've got a problem.

This wouldn't be the first time a lawyer didn't want the retainer fee to come from donations.
 #56079  by cappilot06

What I don't understand is why you would think of divulging to the lawyer where the retainer came from?? That is not his worry or concern. His concern is that he gets paid...period. I have retained a couple lawyers in my lifetime, and I can tell you that neither of them ever asked where I got the money. I think that's a moot point.

If the retainer is raised through donations, that can be done outside the knowledge of a lawyer and is not an issue at all.
 #56080  by bluedog46

cappilot06 wrote:What I don't understand is why you would think of divulging to the lawyer where the retainer came from?? That is not his worry or concern. His concern is that he gets paid...period. I have retained a couple lawyers in my lifetime, and I can tell you that neither of them ever asked where I got the money. I think that's a moot point.

If the retainer is raised through donations, that can be done outside the knowledge of a lawyer and is not an issue at all.
:applause:

If he wants it from money you earn just buy some pizza, have a meeting and sell $5 slices. You would proably have the same group offering to help. It might just be a meeting made of it. Kind of like a fund raiser.
 #56117  by dean

Turns out he's not willing to take the case because of the date of the occurrence so I'm going to have to do some more looking around.
 #56121  by bluedog46

so on September 11th, our rights go ( further) out the window? I know its up to the attorney, but that is just crap. I wonder if the cops stopped women with veils over their faces. Damn if a girl is that ugly she has to wear a veil has serious issues.