If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #61056  by WPCatfish

dave_in_delaware wrote: But now that certain departments and people are aware of this whole thing, I guess we should expect "no firearms" signs at all the entrances to the hospital soon.

#61060  by bluedog46

WPCatfish wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote: But now that certain departments and people are aware of this whole thing, I guess we should expect "no firearms" signs at all the entrances to the hospital soon.

That is exactly how mosts signs will appear if americans dont wake up.
 #61141  by Dr. Eastwood

Boots wrote:
bluedog46 wrote: ... The sargeant I spoke to told me they are authorized to carry weapons, but don't. He did mention hey have a "stash" of weapons they can get to. ....
Sounds like BS to me. Here is why...

Consider DE Code § 2703 (e) ...
http://delcode.delaware.gov/title10/c027/index.shtml

IMHO, if they got the training and were authorized to carry a firearm by the Board of Examiners, then they should carry because it had been determined there was a need to do so. To do otherwise goes against the decision of the Board of Examiners.

BTW, a cop once told me Christiana Constables do not have Power of Arrest. But, obviously they would prefer the sheeple thought they did. Per DE Code they could have been given that authority, but according to the cop all they can do is call the police. I assume he knew what he was talking about, but have not verified it.

The bottom line is this: Christiana should not be concerned with armed law-abiding citizens open carrying. The bad guys will always have their guns with them... concealed, of course, and those are the ones they should be concerned with.
9 times out of 10 an officer of the law from some agency is either sitting in the parking lot or standing there at the ER doors conducting business. The constables have ready access to firearms but because of the near constant presence of the police, especially in most cases where one might think to be armed for defense, they do not carry. Also, for the majority of the cases where they must make "physical" contact with a patient they do not want the wild card of a firearm thrown in.

It's a calculated risk, but made very sensibly for the line of work they're in. While they do police the grounds, most of their efforts are focused on assisting incoming crews at the ER. Like EMTs and Fire Fighters, being armed is not in the best interest of assignments at hand.
 #68845  by whatevah

just wanted to bump this up... sometime between last Thursday and Sunday, they added large signs to the ER doors saying "NO WEAPONS" with a drawing of a knife and pistol in the standard circle/line through it. Very visible, no chance of not seeing it like the old 4" sticker on a clear backing they had one of the doors.

I haven't checked to see if they have anything at entrance to the main hospital though.
 #68847  by bluedog46

I feel so much safer.

No criminal will bring a gun in since they follow those signs.