If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
  by dave_in_delaware

Well, it happened again. I was helping my wife close last night and a customer noticed that I was carrying and mentioned that it startled him a little. Since he was here for business and lives near Washington, DC this was understandable. LOL.

We had a great conversation about the laws, how to carry, holsters and gun functionality, places to shoot, training, etc. I told him about DELOC and that we have many certified trainers and instructors at our disposal. He said he might look into getting some fundamental training some day so he can be more familiar with guns so he's not so "shy" about them. He was a very level-headed person and even said to me that his fear of firearms doesn't trump my right to carry. This was a very awesome thing to hear from someone who isn't into guns at all. But maybe he'll get some training and that will all change.

Here's to another positive random citizen encounter! :pbjtime:
  by cj45lc

That's pretty cool

Maybe you should mark the day on the calender, I mean it's not everyday you run into someone from DC that has a little common sense
  by NormH3

cj45lc wrote:That's pretty cool

Maybe you should mark the day on the calender, I mean it's not everyday you run into someone from DC that has ANY common sense
fixed it for ya...
  by cj45lc

lmao...Thanks
  by Mr.Skellington

These are the things I love to hear :)
  by dave_in_delaware

cj45lc wrote:That's pretty cool

Maybe you should mark the day on the calender, I mean it's not everyday you run into someone from DC that has a little common sense
Yeah, it was cool. It was a very good conversation. We covered many subjects. And all in all, we probably chatted for an hour.

This guy had a lot of common sense and was genuinely interested in learning more about guns, the laws, different methods of carry and holsters, etc. I'm hoping he does find an instructor and hits the range some day. We need more people like him to join the pro-gun ranks.