If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #68011  by tom_20m

astro_wanabe wrote:Loved how he stood up for his rights, but I do feel compelled to post this:
I 2nd that, and Love the Vertical Video! Where do you find this stuff? I also love, how the officer tells him his Supervisor is here, and he quotes case and the Supervisor tells him he's free to go. I think he should lawyer up on this one, teach the police department to stop pulling this crap about, "we need to check your s/n to see if it's not stolen", or "we need to verify that you're not a convicted felon", crap kinda line. I've read post of people posting this same B.S. pulled by Delaware State Police. When will we stand up like this gentleman in the video has done? I think I might go into Wilmington Openly carrying anyone with me? Philadelphia's no different and they'll soon be paying out in a class action lawsuit. Just a matter of time folks.
 #68032  by astro_wanabe

tom_20m wrote:I 2nd that, and Love the Vertical Video! Where do you find this stuff? I also love, how the officer tells him his Supervisor is here, and he quotes case and the Supervisor tells him he's free to go. I think he should lawyer up on this one, teach the police department to stop pulling this crap about, "we need to check your s/n to see if it's not stolen", or "we need to verify that you're not a convicted felon", crap kinda line. I've read post of people posting this same B.S. pulled by Delaware State Police. When will we stand up like this gentleman in the video has done? I think I might go into Wilmington Openly carrying anyone with me? Philadelphia's no different and they'll soon be paying out in a class action lawsuit. Just a matter of time folks.
Can't remember where I got the video but I keep the url handy, seems like I need it alot these days! I'm not sure how bad wilmington actually is these days, especially since they've already settled one lawsuit so they should be "educated" on the legality of OC.
 #85212  by USAFCoen

Lol just play the silent card, i signed up for a lawyer program back in Texas (where i got my CHL, they are called "Texas Law Shield" which is about 13$ a month, 13 includes the multi state coverage) but they give you a card for whenever your stopped you just hand them that and just go silent, Back of the card says " To any law enforcement officers: The holder of this card invokes their rights pursuant to the 4th,5th & 6th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, and all applicable provisions of the state constitution, and all applicable provisions of the state codes & statues. any questioning of this individual must be immediately suspended and shall be continued only in the presence of and with the advice of legal counsel" :troll:
 #85216  by Oktane

Some what similar to my encounter except I was ordered out of my vehicle at gun point, and confirmed that I was being detained without a suspicion of committing a crime. Supervisor shows up, I have the same conversation, and I am free to go in less than 60 seconds. Wish I would have had this LEO, he was very pleasant to deal with.
 #85672  by P2riquen

:lol: Ha,ha,ha!! You can't open carry in Wilmington!!! It's the Capital of Delaware....weren't you educated on that?? :lol:
 #85684  by Boots

P2riquen wrote::lol: Ha,ha,ha!! You can't open carry in Wilmington!!! It's the Capital of Delaware....weren't you educated on that?? :lol:
Does the Capitol in Dover know about this Capital in Wilmington? Please educate us regarding OC in Wilmington.