If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #87019  by jrock419

I work loss prevention at the Cheswold location, we have people ocing all the time and management does not care..I have never been bothered in Camden before either.
 #87020  by jrock419

Lascivious1 wrote:
WPCatfish wrote:That's him on the left. HK Chow.

Looks like sheep to me. someone get him some animal feed :pointlaugh:
He looks like sheep but makes over 200k a year to do nothing
 #87062  by fieldman

You can go across the street and get some range time in also. Shooters Choice is literally right across the street! I almost never go to Walmart. No slight to Walmart, I just hate shopping. I will make it a point to visit OC'ng since Im close to that location. I visit Shooters Choice more than Walmart. :grin:
 #87064  by Amy Blackthorn

But then again Shooters Choice is telling people that once the get their CCDW they give up their right to OC. Just because they don't like OC. No thanks.
 #87068  by SasquatchAF

Personally I have been asked to leave the Camden walmart more than a dozen times for OC. But yet the Milford walmart never seems to bat an eye at me for it. I have called Walmart in regards to the issue with the Camden store and was told it is their policy to follow ALL state and local laws unless it poses a safety hazard to customers or staff. How OCC is a hazard is beyond me. The camden store managment seems to have a hard on so to speak for OC'ers. And its not just this manager. I have had the same issue with two other managers at the same store.

Fieldman;

I dont knock you for visiting shooters choice. But I personally wont set foot in the store for any reason. I was treated like garbage just lioe many other people I know. Semms to be if you arent a member, youre not good enough for their time or your money isnt good enough for them. The last time I was there I asked a gentleman to price some parts out for me to see if it was cheaper than buying online, and when he was done he asked if I was going to order it all, despite me telling him I was trying to compare prices, and if they were competitive I would give them my business. And when I told him no, I wanted to compare prices, his respone was "if you arent gonna order this stuff now, what the f*** am I wasting my time looking it up for?"

At that point I left and told him I would never be back nor recommend anyone I know to go there. He acted like it didnt matter. But when I personally have done thousands of dollars in business with Viper, and brought him several other people who have done the same, it seems to me it is their loss. All the more reason to support a friendly local guy like Viper who will go out of his way to make his customers happy.

Not to mention, the 3 squadrons I have been in at Dover AFB, I have spread the word of how Shooters is, and now many people refuse to go there. Keep in mind DAFB is 1/5-1/4 of the population of the whole city of dover and they have subsiquently lost a lot of business and I now refer everyone I know to Viper. But oh well, their loss.
 #87084  by MrCoolDale

Anything that drives business to Viper is fantastic in my opinion. I have handed out dozens of his cards and will continue to do so.

As for Walmart: I refuse to shop any Walmart for any reason. The company treats their workers and customers like shit, plus they go out of their way to sell products manufactured outside of the US. My business will go to a local mom-&-pop shop any day of the week; even if it means spending significantly more. If I absolutely must shop in a large department store, it's typically going to be Target. Having spent several years of my working career there, I can tell you their corporate policies are geared around treating their workers very well, which translates into treating customers better.

A comedian once said "I could simultaneously lower the obesity rate and raise the average IQ of this country by never using my brakes in a Walmart parking lot."

Addendum: I meant to mention a feeling I often have when I see threads like this.
While I understand the sentiment of bombarding these anti-OC locations with the whole group, I feel it only makes things worse for us. If they don't want our business, why give it to them en mass? By seeing a bunch of us after having asked several to leave, they aren't going to change their mind. Instead, they're simply going to consider us rude and inconsiderate on top of their other feelings toward us. Only, now they have more of our money. No, thanks. If you don't want my business, then I'm certainly inclined to take my money elsewhere.

While I'm not condemning the thoughts and feelings in here, I'm trying to say that these people don't deserve our money.
 #87087  by Trapper

MrCoolDale wrote:Anything that drives business to Viper is fantastic in my opinion. I have handed out dozens of his cards and will continue to do so.

As for Walmart: I refuse to shop any Walmart for any reason. The company treats their workers and customers like shit, plus they go out of their way to sell products manufactured outside of the US. My business will go to a local mom-&-pop shop any day of the week; even if it means spending significantly more. If I absolutely must shop in a large department store, it's typically going to be Target. Having spent several years of my working career there, I can tell you their corporate policies are geared around treating their workers very well, which translates into treating customers better.

A comedian once said "I could simultaneously lower the obesity rate and raise the average IQ of this country by never using my brakes in a Walmart parking lot."

Addendum: I meant to mention a feeling I often have when I see threads like this.
While I understand the sentiment of bombarding these anti-OC locations with the whole group, I feel it only makes things worse for us. If they don't want our business, why give it to them en mass? By seeing a bunch of us after having asked several to leave, they aren't going to change their mind. Instead, they're simply going to consider us rude and inconsiderate on top of their other feelings toward us. Only, now they have more of our money. No, thanks. If you don't want my business, then I'm certainly inclined to take my money elsewhere.

While I'm not condemning the thoughts and feelings in here, I'm trying to say that these people don't deserve our money.

While I agree that Walmart isn't the best company in the world. I would like to note that Sam Walton would roll in his grave if he saw how the company was being ran. He didn't want them to sell foreign products, he wanted it to be focused on American families. Also they don't treat their employees like shit. I worked at the distribution center as a part-time associate, I worked 24 hrs a week. I made $20 an hour just like everyone else. We received bonuses up each quarter, up to $1 for each hour worked. I was also offered benefits which were just as good as my state of Delaware benefits. The dental was actually much better. I felt they treated the associates very well. Sorry for the rant...

I do still prefer to keep my money local though, carry on. :toilet: