If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #69215  by adrianspeeder

Was in there for a good while, cart full of stuff, OC'ed there many times before no problems, and headin' twards checkout a supervisor stopped me. He was polite toned with his line of I could go lock the .45 in my truck, then come back in to pay for my stuff. When I asked him why, he said, "This is private property, and our policy is no open carrying due to complaints and kids being in the store." Gave him a WTF look, and said have fun puttin' all the stuff back on the shelf.

Mostly I'm pissed that Camden is right down the road from the house, and now I'll have to fight through Dover lights and traffic to get to Cheswald.

Adrianspeeder
 #69220  by bluedog46

adrianspeeder wrote:Was in there for a good while, cart full of stuff, OC'ed there many times before no problems, and headin' twards checkout a supervisor stopped me. He was polite toned with his line of I could go lock the .45 in my truck, then come back in to pay for my stuff. When I asked him why, he said, "This is private property, and our policy is no open carrying due to complaints and kids being in the store." Gave him a WTF look, and said have fun puttin' all the stuff back on the shelf.

Mostly I'm pissed that Camden is right down the road from the house, and now I'll have to fight through Dover lights and traffic to get to Cheswald.

Adrianspeeder
way to go. I would have done the same thing.
 #69222  by Delta2Echo

As far as I know, this directly contradicts Walmart's corporate policy. Their policy is, or at least was, that they abide by whatever the state and local laws are. So that would tell me that management is taking it upon themselves to make up their own rules. Maybe a well-written group letter, or several individual letters should be sent in...
 #69225  by SasquatchAF

It is in fact Walmart's policy to follow all state and local laws. I personally was asked to leave the camden walmart 5 or 6 times in 2010 for OC'ing. After it happened a few times(coincidentally by the same manager every time), I called back to the Camden walmart and asked the lead store manager what their policy was.

I was told that it IS Walmarts policy to follow ALL LOCAL AND STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. But, I was also told that they would ask you to leave ONLY if a customer said something about it to a store employee. I was asked to leave as soon as I walked in on 2 occasions, and there was no way management could have been contacted within 20 seconds by a store patron. When I told the head store manager what happened, she informed me that the manager in question had no right to ask me to leave unless a customer approached an employee about it.

Simply enough, they do whatever the F*CK they want, and dont even abide by their own policy. I CC everywhere anyway since I have my CCW now, but that made it irritating before I had it to even go to the store and try to generate sales for them.
 #69243  by dean

I posted this in one of the other Wal-mart encounter threads. It is an email from corporate.
There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

For more information or further assistance, please contact your local stores management for assistance.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
If the associates express concern they can ask you to leave as well. AKA, if one of the associates is an anti-gun asshole, you're not shopping there.
 #69336  by WPCatfish

adrianspeeder wrote: Mostly I'm pissed that Camden is right down the road from the house, and now I'll have to fight through Dover lights and traffic to get to Cheswald.

Is that one in the Dover no-OC city limits?

We prefer going down to Milford, seems to be less crowded and there's still a Sonic nearby for a cheapie ice cream treat.
 #69360  by adrianspeeder

WPCatfish wrote:
adrianspeeder wrote: Mostly I'm pissed that Camden is right down the road from the house, and now I'll have to fight through Dover lights and traffic to get to Cheswald.

We prefer going down to Milford, seems to be less crowded and there's still a Sonic nearby for a cheapie ice cream treat.
I boycott sonic for other reasons, but no, the new Superwalmart moved up the road from Dover last year to cheswald

Adrianspeeder
 #69361  by SugarBoy13

adrianspeeder wrote:
WPCatfish wrote:

I boycott sonic for other reasons, but no, the new Superwalmart moved up the road from Dover last year to cheswald

Adrianspeeder
Why do you boycott Sonic?