If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #80304  by bluedog46

Hi all.

I had a couple encounters over the last couple days and had been meaning to put them in.

First one is from Friday 2/01/12. The wife and I went out for dinner. I have OCd there many times and have never had an issue at all. Two ladies, probably in their 70s, were in the booth across from us and were discussing the problems with schools these days. As an educator my wife was intrested and they talked a little bit. When I was leaving they noticed my firearm and the one lady asked if I was a police officer. I informed her I was not and she asked "Why do you have a gun then". The other lady mentioned "He has a permit". I informed that first lady the reason I carry is for personal protection and for the exact same reasons our schools have issues. Our country is going to hell in a hand basket. both laughed. I mentioned to the other lady that you did not need one for OC, but I have one to cc as well I just like it open so I can get to it faster if I need to and the deterence factor.

We talked about the good old days and how kids used to have respect and now throw chairs at teachers and second graders with such foul mouth. Back when families were still in tact.

Other ecounter was Super Bowl Sunday ( Go Ravens) at philly pretzel factory by Super G in bear. I ocd and a guy came up and thanked me fo standing up for "our rights". We chatted a bit and he said he had been thinking about OC for a bit but was not sure of all the laws. I told him about the website. He also did said he was in the military and familiar with firearms but did not have any handguns. We discussed a couple good first guns. He mentioned being intrested in the 1911. I told him I carry one and its a great, but probalby a first one a 9mm might be best if he wants to practice that the ammo is much cheaper, but the 1911 is my favorite gun and I told him many on here will offering differing opinons on which gun or caliber, but it dont matter what you carry. Just carry.

Also talked a little about carrying in other states. I informed him about some of the guidlines I knew for PA and discussed license to carry for Delaware and Florida non-rest or PA non-res. He asked about Jersey and Maryland and I informed him Jersey is really anti gun and Maryland is not much better. I did inform him those are my opininos.
 #80320  by sampson13

OC is a great way to meet and interact with good folks and nice people as Ive found in the last 5 or 6 weeks since I started to do so. I was at the Mcd's in midway shopping center the other day and it was quite uneventful and then a man came over and introduced himself and asked if I was a sworn officer. I said no I wasnt and started to explain OC in Delaware to him as we went on he told me of the fact that he was a viet nam vet and had been involved in the tet offensive...I was impressed and respectful of his service he told me he is in the CCDW process and was interested to talk to me so it was just a real nice interaction and Geez! I'm gonna continue to OC it's quite an experience and feels damn good as well.
:applause: :P :applause: