If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #81745  by TexasJay

*update* I returned this afternoon for some groceries. While shopping no Google eyes but one lady did go out of her way to give me a wide berth. As I was walking to electronics, an employee, pretty sure he was a assistant manager, looked at me, my sidearm (sw m and p9fs) back at me, points at my firearm then gives me a smile and thumbs up. Didn't say a word. I just smiled and nodded.
 #81762  by MrCoolDale

I can't say that this is a fact, just my opinion based on encounters from me and the others on this board, but it appears that Target employees/managers are more accepting than Walmart employees/managers.

I'm very happy that things went so well for you!
 #81786  by SR9

I live south of Dover and north of Milford and do most of my shopping in Milford, but have occasion to go to Dover. I have a DECCW and carry 24/7. I believe concealed is cencealed. I never have had any trouble in any place I go. I know where carrying is permitted and where it isn't. I seldom do business with businesses where carrying is prohibited. My rule #1.

I have never carried open in a business area, only around home, as I see it as asking for trouble or showing a "tude", even if it is legal. I perferr to legally carry concealed and don't see why anyone that wants to carry doesn't apply for a permit. In Dover you are not allowed to carry unless you have a DECCW. Why take the chance and go to jail. Ignorance is no excuss. What's the sense of having a gun at home in the drawer, if your almost never there? If you carry a gun illegally, you are making it bad on all of us.
 #81787  by Chizult

SR9 wrote:I live south of Dover and north of Milford and do most of my shopping in Milford, but have occasion to go to Dover. I have a DECCW and carry 24/7. I believe concealed is cencealed. I never have had any trouble in any place I go. I know where carrying is permitted and where it isn't. I seldom do business with businesses where carrying is prohibited. My rule #1.

I have never carried open in a business area, only around home, as I see it as asking for trouble or showing a "tude", even if it is legal. I perferr to legally carry concealed and don't see why anyone that wants to carry doesn't apply for a permit. In Dover you are not allowed to carry unless you have a DECCW. Why take the chance and go to jail. Ignorance is no excuss. What's the sense of having a gun at home in the drawer, if your almost never there? If you carry a gun illegally, you are making it bad on all of us.
I don't see where anyone has admitted to or condoned carrying illegally.

As far as OC...I like the old adage: A right unexercised is right a right lost. If more people did it, you and others wouldn't see it as a problem.

Personally, the reason I haven't signed up for a CCW is that I don't feel I should have to put my name and address in the paper to exercise a right granted to me by God and protected by the Constitution. It's ridiculous, and it exposes myself and my employer (I live on my employer's property) to theft, harassment, unwanted questions, etc. Let alone the fact that I have never been more glad than I am in these political times to not have my name on an official list in Dover.

Sorry for the tangent...back to the topic.
Last edited by Chizult on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #81796  by myopicvisionary

I have never carried open in a business area, only around home, as I see it as asking for trouble or showing a "tude", even if it is legal
Then why are you here?

Many people cannot get a CCDW due to situations beyond their control. I know several outstanding people who were denied a CCDW because their ex-spouse lied about them.
 #81799  by TexasJay

No one here is advocating illegal concealed carry. In fact I haven't seen anyone here advocating conceal carry period. This is an OC site.

Oc for the win! :pbjtime:
 #81800  by TexasJay

I don't feel I should have to pay the government so I can exercise a right. The government already takes to much of my money. Plus I go to school out of state where concealing on campus isn't prohibited by statue. I will conceal there. Idaho is much more 2A friendly anyway.
 #81801  by Guard_Duck

myopicvisionary wrote:
I have never carried open in a business area, only around home, as I see it as asking for trouble or showing a "tude", even if it is legal
Then why are you here?

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, the arguements you use as to why you don't OC are the same the Anti's use. The way I see it, if you're not here to help the cause, why are you here? What's your motive??
 #81802  by bmel17

We have a lot of threads and links to sites where the OC v. CC topic is widely debated. SR9 didn't say don't OC, he's just expressing his CC preference guys. Use it as a teaching moment.
 #81807  by myopicvisionary

as I see it as asking for trouble or showing a "tude",
I don't see this as expressing his preference; rather, making a judgement about those who OC.