If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #83585  by SeanM

Got your attention, didn't I? ;)

OK, so it wasn't MY ex, it was the ex of a friend. I reported back in the OC logs that I went to dinner at Outback with the fam & some friends a week or so ago. It was with a friend of the family, plus his daughter-in-law and her little girl (3 years old, I think). Mom & dad were with me, as was Mrs. SeanM.

So mom tells me tonight that the ex-wife of our friend (who BTW, left our friend for another woman - yep, you read that right) found out that he was out to dinner with us while someone at the table was (GASP!) carrying a gun! Proceeded to rip him a new one, asking how he could possibly go out to dinner and expose his grandchild (and her's, I suppose) to someone carrying a gun out in the open like that!

For his part, he pretty well told her to stick it somewhere that never sees much sun, unless you're into the nudist lifestyle. He's pro-gun, and very supportive of our cause. Kudos there.

It certainly won't change what I do or how I do it. In fact, I would likely not even have changed that night if she was there and going off the rails in front of me. My safety, and the safety of my family, doesn't get curtailed due to the hoplophobia of those around me, unless it's a store manager asking me to leave.

I just figured you guys would get a kick out of the story. And always remember:

THINK OF THE KIDS

Sean