If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #84573  by craigwill

I was pulled over for a cell phone violation last week $106.00 (unarmed) as I don't carry all the time. lic/reg ins and issued me a citation. The trooper didn't ask any questions at to being armed, bombs or granades. So I guess that my personal appearance was ok or the cc info is not available to them??
Craig
 #84603  by Oktane

DSP are well informed on cc. I would imagine that he was focused on just writing you a citation and didn't perceive you as potentially being armed or worrying about it. A bit of lapse in situational awareness on his part.
 #84606  by MrCoolDale

The police have all kinds of info in the files they pull up on us during a traffic stop. I don't know if it automatically reports a CCDW, but they definitely add notes. I have been pulled over and had a cop tell me that he saw I am usually carrying a firearm and wanted to know if it was on my person. I didn't press the issue, but since I don't have a CCDW (yet) I do question how he knew I usually carry.
 #84608  by 02337

MrCoolDale wrote:The police have all kinds of info in the files they pull up on us during a traffic stop. I don't know if it automatically reports a CCDW, but they definitely add notes. I have been pulled over and had a cop tell me that he saw I am usually carrying a firearm and wanted to know if it was on my person. I didn't press the issue, but since I don't have a CCDW (yet) I do question how he knew I usually carry.
Its the GPS trackers in guns!

I do have to add though I'm sure a lot of departments are getting briefed with the influx of people carrying.

For instance I have been carrying in Dover since I got my letter from the chief. Last night I was going to wawa after work and there was s Dover PD officer getting out of his car, I held the door, paid and he held the door as I was leaving. I'm sure he noticed I was carrying and didn't bat an eye.

I'm sure with so many requests coming in for dover permits they were briefed, or I like to think so!
 #84622  by Boots

Oktane wrote:... A bit of lapse in situational awareness on his part.
I sure wouldn't fault the officer for that. Why should he be concerned about a lawful CCDW holder during a traffic stop? Just because a citizen has a gun does not portend anything bad.
 #84955  by tom_20m

Boots wrote:
Oktane wrote:... A bit of lapse in situational awareness on his part.
I sure wouldn't fault the officer for that. Why should he be concerned about a lawful CCDW holder during a traffic stop? Just because a citizen has a gun does not portend anything bad.
Just tell them don't worry about the gun, worry about the "pressure cooker" in the trunk. J/k
 #84961  by viper98

Just tell them don't worry about the gun, worry about the "pressure cooker" in the trunk. J/k

Oh Oh....not again...... :toilet:
 #84962  by Jonnybow

02337 wrote:
For instance I have been carrying in Dover since I got my letter from the chief. Last night I was going to wawa after work and there was s Dover PD officer getting out of his car, I held the door, paid and he held the door as I was leaving. I'm sure he noticed I was carrying and didn't bat an eye.

I'm sure with so many requests coming in for dover permits they were briefed, or I like to think so!
Can you expand on the "letter from the Chief" you speak of??
 #84963  by scampbell3

Jonnybow wrote:
02337 wrote:

Can you expand on the "letter from the Chief" you speak of??
See this thread

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8233

Chip
 #85004  by Jonnybow

Thanks Chip, I missed the original somehow.

Sounds like the start of some changes in Dover.