If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #87324  by TexasJay

So today while at office max, an employee (white male 70+ yr old) asked me "the question". Ya know, "what leo agency are you with?". I replied "none sir, I'm a piano teacher and volunteer paramedic".

He then gets the puzzled look "I'm retired county police but am still with the auxillary. I just saw you're carrying a sidearm and assumed" while pointing to my strong side.

"Yes sir I carry for the protection of myself and family. While my eventual goal is state police, piano lessons give me the income and flexibility to be able to work on my degree. As I'm sure you know, getting a CCDW is a pain in this state so I have to open carry until I go through the 6+ month process for a CCDW."

Nodding he says "Oh yeah yeah I gotcha. Yeah they make it really hard. Well stay safe, and try to stay cool out there".

I replied "yes sir I'll try. Have a good day sir."

There was more to the conversation, but that's the important parts. This whole time, he was smiling sincerely and we had a nice convo. Made me feel welcome to come back and shop there again. So I'm labeling this a good LEO encounter.
 #87327  by WVisHome

I know this may sound weird...but I've been surprised I haven't had a single person ask me a question yet.

My OC experiences so far have been completely uneventful.
 #87333  by TexasJay

Yeah I have had a lot but had two in one day today. The other was a patron at olive garden. Asked if I was an officer? No, is Delaware an OC state? Yes? That's great I'm from Georgia which is an OC state and I carry as well.
I normally get them once every six months or so. But had a few in the last few days. Gives a chance to educate the public about their rights as citizens of this great country.
 #87336  by WVisHome

Exactly....I've been looking forward to the chance to educate others....to no avail yet. The Claymont area must be used to it, lol.