If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #88876  by SasquatchAF

Well today was a first for me. The manager of my local bank in Milford called me today and left a voicemail to please call him when I could. He gave no indication of what it was about, so I assumed something happened like my accounts got hacked or something like that.

So I called the manager back and spoke with him a short time after he tried to call me. He knows me, and so do several of the tellers at the bank, since I am in there weekly with checks I have to cash and whatnot. He said he knows Im military, thanked me for my service, etc.

As the conversation continued, he explained that he knows I have been carrying in the bank every time he has seen me come to the bank, and so have the tellers. He says he supports the right to carry and respects my decision to do so. But then he asked me to leave my weapon in my car from now on when I come into that bank; due to the fact that it makes him and other folks feel uncomfortable due to the nature of their business.

He also said he fully unerstands that state law allows me to OC, and that he fully supports it and my decision to carry; but yet asked me not to carry. :banghead: Part of his reasoning was that they are always weary of the chance of being robbed, etc; and that they would feel better if I didnt carry, even though they know me, know that Im military, and know me by name and face well enough that he looked me up by name in their system to be able to get my phone number to call me.

This is definitely a first and I didnt want to get into an argument with him about the situation; but if they know who I am that well, know my background, fully support my right to carry, Im confused why they ask me not to carry..... If I was someone who was going to do something I shouldnt; why would I go to place that knows me by face, name, and know a lot about me and my background, and open carry all the time so they obviously know Im carrying and most likely not going to be one of the badguys.

I guess its CC for me from now on at this bank........

More than one way to skin a cat I guess
 #88878  by SasquatchAF

I already have several accounts there and would rather not do that, especially since this particular manager has always been very professional with me and helped me out in the past with a few issues.

I also have a branch of this bank on the AF base and can use that branch when Im around the base, but usually on the days when I need to go to the bank, I am off duty and always carrying something in some form or fashion; which means I cant go to the base and get to that branch of that bank.
 #88881  by SasquatchAF

It kinda puts me between a rock and a hard place. They have always been great to me and done everyting they could when I have had issues arise in the past with my accounts, etc.

It just sucks that now I have no choice but to CC when I go there. I prefer to CC, but with my back problems, sometimes its not the easiest thing to do since I am very picky about what holsters I use to CC, and some of them make my back pain worse as the length of time I wear them increases.
 #88883  by Taurus247

It sounds like some one probably complained and threatened to close their account. I would go in (CC of course) and talk to the manager and see if you can find out what the REAL problem is. If it hasn't been a problem before why all of a sudden is it now? Make me wonder...
 #88884  by sanman9781

OK, this is total BS...this guy knows you, knows your background, knows where you live, knows your phone number, yet with all that knowledge about you he's still afraid that you are going to rob the place??? seriously??? that's a BS excuse if I ever heard one...he's covering up for something else...and anyway, it seems like with most bank robberies these days they robbers don't even SHOW a weapon, they imply having one and are handed some cash and they take off...
 #88906  by SasquatchAF

Yup. Thats the bank. It was the Milford branch which I am there at least once, sometimes twice a week; so Im no stranger to that bank.