If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #92280  by Kuntryboy816

Yesterday me an pop spent a few hours at Elk Neck so that he could get his TC muzzleloader sighted in and I could enjoy my Mosin some more! 8-)

After we finished and returned to Delaware, we stopped by my brothers house to drop off my pops rifle and gear. We hung out for a bit bile he cleaned the rifle and returned it to the safe. As we were pulling out onto 896 we saw 2 vehicles who had been in an accident. They were in the right lane between the left lane and turn lane on the opposite from us...bad spot! We went to the next light and made a uturn to come back and assist. I pulled we'll off the shoulder. Pop walked down about 50 yds to wave off traffic while I checked on the passengers of both vehicles. Everyone was uninjured thankfully. The lead cars driver told me he was on the phone with 911 already and his wife told me she was ok. The lady in the rear vehicle asked to use my phone to call her husband. I let her use it and told them all we would stay til help arrived.

About 10 mins later a DSP cruiser pulled up to block the lane behind them. He got out and greeted me and asked a few questions. He did notice my sidearm but didnt say anything about it. He then talked to both parties for a minute and asked them if they were on and to move their vehicles out of traffic if possible. As they did so he came back over to me and then asked if we had witnessed the accident, which we had not. He then asked me if I had been out hunting while pointing at my hip.... :shock: I was like, uh no. We just got back from the range but I only shot my rifle there and it's cased up in the car. He was just like, "Okay." I then volunteered to stay for a moment to make sure that the rear vehicle didn't need to be pushed off the road. She got it moved after a minute and I asked the officer if he needed any other assistance. He declined and we shook hands and then pop and I left.

Hunting?????? Younger guy but seriously?
 #92287  by myopicvisionary

Yeah, I don't know any of us that OCs a handgun that is legal for deer. Sure my 6" Python is legal but it does not ride well on my hip in the car!
 #92343  by jslacker

Wow :shock:
 #92480  by spillanej

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Yesterday me an pop spent a few hours at Elk Neck so that he could get his TC muzzleloader sighted in and I could enjoy my Mosin some more! 8-)

After we finished and returned to Delaware, we stopped by my brothers house to drop off my pops rifle and gear. We hung out for a bit bile he cleaned the rifle and returned it to the safe. As we were pulling out onto 896 we saw 2 vehicles who had been in an accident. They were in the right lane between the left lane and turn lane on the opposite from us...bad spot! We went to the next light and made a uturn to come back and assist. I pulled we'll off the shoulder. Pop walked down about 50 yds to wave off traffic while I checked on the passengers of both vehicles. Everyone was uninjured thankfully. The lead cars driver told me he was on the phone with 911 already and his wife told me she was ok. The lady in the rear vehicle asked to use my phone to call her husband. I let her use it and told them all we would stay til help arrived.

About 10 mins later a DSP cruiser pulled up to block the lane behind them. He got out and greeted me and asked a few questions. He did notice my sidearm but didnt say anything about it. He then talked to both parties for a minute and asked them if they were on and to move their vehicles out of traffic if possible. As they did so he came back over to me and then asked if we had witnessed the accident, which we had not. He then asked me if I had been out hunting while pointing at my hip.... :shock: I was like, uh no. We just got back from the range but I only shot my rifle there and it's cased up in the car. He was just like, "Okay." I then volunteered to stay for a moment to make sure that the rear vehicle didn't need to be pushed off the road. She got it moved after a minute and I asked the officer if he needed any other assistance. He declined and we shook hands and then pop and I left.

Hunting?????? Younger guy but seriously?
The proper response is to point at his sidearm, his rifle, and his shotgun and then ask him what exactly it is that he hunts. Then revel in the laughter of his answer "uh... gang bangers."
 #92490  by Owen

spillanej wrote:The proper response is to point at his sidearm, his rifle, and his shotgun and then ask him what exactly it is that he hunts. Then revel in the laughter of his answer "uh... gang bangers."
I could actually here them saying that. LOL :troll: