If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #92382  by Kuntryboy816

Last night, my brother got into a small fender bender in his Jeep. It happened on 896 just before the intersection of Rt.40 turning left onto Rt.40 N/E. Guy in front of him stopped quickly and my brother swerved to the left but caught the rear corner of the guys SUV. Tore the passenger side fenders and rear bumper on the Jeep and also flattened the front PS tire. They called 911 and waited for DSP to arrive. In the meantime, he called me to bring over his HiLift jack so that we could change the tire. Don't know why he doesn't keep it in the Jeep.... :banghead:

By the time I arrived, DSP was already on the scene. I pulled up in the median behind the officer leaving a good 2 car lengths between us, hit my flashers and then grabbed the jack out of my vehicle. I walked up on the driver's side of the officer's SUV keeping about 10 feet of distance from him. He greeted me and I told him who I was and why I was there. He told me he was still writing up the report and that it was ok to go ahead and start working on getting the tire changed. He glanced down at my sidearm while we were talking but didn't say anything. After about 10 minutes, we had the tire changed out and were hanging out talking. The officer talked to the other driver and then came up to talk to my brother. He gave my brother the whole spiel as he handed him his info and the ticket. We joked around a bit and the officer then asked what I was carrying. I told him and we talked for a bit about open carry. My brother had informed him that he was CC and the officer just said, "Okay, nice to know." He was a great guy and very personable... not nervous or edgy at all around us or our sidearms. He was just coming on duty so he didn't mind chatting with us a bit. We thanked him for his help, shook hands and went on our way.

Complete polar opposite of the DSP officer I encountered Saturday afternoon. So far all of my LEO encounters have been pretty good ones. Kinda boosts your confidence in carrying a little more each time. :D
 #92393  by Owen

Your brother wasn't hurt right? I hope no one was. That can be a bad intersection. I drive through there almost daily.

You sure encounter DSP a lot, just sayin'. :troll:
 #92398  by Kuntryboy816

Owen wrote:Your brother wasn't hurt right? I hope no one was. That can be a bad intersection. I drive through there almost daily.

You sure encounter DSP a lot, just sayin'. :troll:

Seems like doesn't it. :lol:

No one was hurt, thank God! They weren't going that fast as the turn light had just changed to green. My brother still doesn't know why the guy stopped like he did with traffic starting to move forward. It wasn't really an impact, per se, just more of a very close side swipe. The Jeep fenders are plastic and they only scraped the side of the guys SUV and busted his tail light. My nephew (3) was in the Jeep when it happened but he is fine. My sis-n-law got there pretty quickly and when DSP arrived he said it was ok for her to take him home. That was all before I got there with the jack.
 #92481  by spillanej

Kuntryboy816 wrote: Complete polar opposite of the DSP officer I encountered Saturday afternoon. So far all of my LEO encounters have been pretty good ones. Kinda boosts your confidence in carrying a little more each time. :D
Don't get too confident with the state police... I've had troopers order me under threat of arrest to illegally conceal my firearm. Both times they had taken my firearm with no just cause, no reasonable suspicion, no warrant, no permission and returned it to me by concealing it on me, unloaded. Both times I placed the magazine back in and chambered a round, returning it to my holster. Both times I had to explain to officers that if I was going to shoot someone I wouldn't have stood there not resisting as they stole my property.

DSP seems to get pissed when I tell them Colonel McQueen would nail them to a cross atop their troop HQ if he knew that they did that, but for some reason they suddenly get docile and leave quickly when his name is mentioned.

I have met Col. McQueen and he seems very friendly about the idea of citizens being armed, may just be that he is a politician of police and must give the face of protecting citizen's rights though.