If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.

I hate to ask, but was the pound sand overboard

That is blue for you
4%
Yes it was
15%
It could have been phrased differently
56%
No, Blue was right on.
26%
 #99952  by littlephilly

Hello all.

Incident involving my husband bluedog46.

As some may know I don't open carry too much, but my husband often does. We even ran into another member yesterday at Shoprite.

Anyway we go up to Kmart to pay our Sears card bill and are waiting in line. There are two females in front of us. Blue was minding his own business and I heard something about a "no firearms policy". I asked the ladies if we could help them with something since they both kept staring at his 1911. The one woman that I call instigator was telling the lady at the cash register that guns were not allowed into eh store. The woman that is a tag along was basically tagging along. The lady at the return counter said "I'll check with a manager. We did not hear that part.

Before the manager got there I asked the lady if there was an issue. She then said that my husband should not have his gun in a store. We always try to be civil. I informed her first that he was very legal with his guns and was not violating state or federal laws or store policy. The tag along was saying that "we were not talking to you and were trying to kept our voices down". I informed her talking about people as her issue was directly with my husband is the same thing.

The instigator tried to argue with us. Blue said "if the world was safer maybe I would not carry it, but too many people are out there robbing and rapping". I mentioned we never even owned guns until there were several shootings in our neighborhood. I know now that was not a good move, but she was like "That is fine. That is at home. This is a Store". Always the genius Blue said "It seems the news always talks about stores being robbed if I recall so bad guys come to stores and sure don't leave their guns at home. She replied how it might scare some people, to which Blue said that is the person's then she said "I used to be a cop". Joe said "I used to be a pizza maker. I also was an auxiliary police officer. What your point?". Then it was like her and other people are uncomfortable with it. Blue then said "some people are not comfortable with you walking around, but that is their problem is it not?"

The manager got there at this time both ladies probably sensed victory and smiled. He was a white gentleman. I figure for late 40s early 50s whose name I forgot. He eventually mentioned being a retired police officer. He asked what the clerk wanted. Blue said "Apparently these two ladies want to make an issue of my carrying a firearm". They both then started saying a few things. The manager then said "Delaware is an open carry state. He can do it. There is no law against it". They were both very upset with this. I think we all know the goal was to ask the manager to have Blue disarm his viewable sidearm.

The one thing Blue did wrong was next. I did not like it and I am sure there are those who know him that will be like "That is blue for you". He said to the manager "So as I told them it's not against state or federal law or store policy" to which the manager nodded correct. My bad hubby then said "So basically its pound sand if you don't like it". He then said "I would not go that far". They both stormed off and were really ticked he did not have Blue remove his 1911. Pound sand is a phrase Blue first heard from a from a friend from Deloc and seems to really like it since its new to him. LOL

Anyway there was a girl who was there waiting for the manager. Appeared early 20s. She was asking me about getting a license to carry. I informed her of the costs associated and this site. I also informed her of a couple places to buy guns. I did not know her and don't like to give Viper's cards out when I don't know people, or she would get a card. I did mention she could find a great ffl on this site, some training classes and Targetmaster be a place to try a couple guns.

We went about our business and that was that. Blue will be posting on pafoa.org and or mdshooters in more detail and his impressions. As some know he can be a bit political and that can and does rile cages.

Score one for the second amendment.

Also those into knives or needing one there will be some more listed on the classifieds. the

Don't tread on me knives for $10 are back and some name brands as well.
 #99957  by Dugan

ignorant people think they are always right. Just like I had to argue with the autozone manager that I dont need a license to OC.. But his neighbor, a retired leo, said OCing requires a license.

The store manager came over and call this manager an idiot and welcomed me carrying.
 #99958  by harr2969

Kick him next time he tells someone to pound sand. [WHITE SMILING FACE] it's tough be polite when someone wants to trample on your right to carry, I'm glad this situation worked out well.

Edit: I added an emoticon, and my phone shows (white smiling face). How does it know what color I am?
 #99960  by ptlion

That is AWESOME!!! I don't know Blue at all, but I tell people to "pound sand" or "kick rocks" all the time!!! Nothing better than getting that last word in! Blue, I don't know you but you're my hero!!! :applause: :sparring:
 #99962  by Owen

I was conflicted with voting. I think he was fine in his response because they were actively attacking his rights. But myself, I am prone to just ignore the idiots or just let it go with a snarky "have a nice day!" :troll:
 #99963  by NCC

Owen wrote:I was conflicted with voting. I think he was fine in his response because they were actively attacking his rights. But myself, I am prone to just ignore the idiots or just let it go with a snarky "have a nice day!"
On occasion my concealed weapon has been exposed, it happens. If I may be so bold as to throw my 2 cents in here, I would have ignored them from the git-go. As a smoker for 46 years (just quit 3 mos. ago!) I am very used to the furtive glances, the whispering, and the snide comments. It is not my job to educate the idiots in the world. Big Dog has t-shirts for stupid people like that.

NOW... If they ask a question in a polite and inquiring manner, I am happy to transfer some knowledge to them.
 #99971  by stephpd

I voted it 'could' have been phrased better, but then I'm kinda course myself and probably would have said something worse. F U, now that is bad but still likely to come out of my mouth. Nothing really bad about the phrase pound sand.
 #99975  by littlephilly

stephpd wrote:I voted it 'could' have been phrased better, but then I'm kinda course myself and probably would have said something worse. F U, now that is bad but still likely to come out of my mouth. Nothing really bad about the phrase pound sand.
I thought you would have picked the one of that is blue for ya.
 #99981  by Boots

It should have been phrased differently. And, you don't want the manager to wind up feeling sorry he stuck up for you. We're not the only ones that can write letters to the corporation to complain about something we don't like.

So, always show your class and take the high road. A courteous "Ladies, I hope the rest of your day is pleasant" would do more to advance the cause of gun owner 2A rights than a confrontational brush-off that will never get them to see the 2A as we do.
 #99992  by littlephilly

Boots wrote:It should have been phrased differently. And, you don't want the manager to wind up feeling sorry he stuck up for you. We're not the only ones that can write letters to the corporation to complain about something we don't like.

So, always show your class and take the high road. A courteous "Ladies, I hope the rest of your day is pleasant" would do more to advance the cause of gun owner 2A rights than a confrontational brush-off that will never get them to see the 2A as we do.
You know Blue Boots. I agree and for what its worth there are quite a few things members who know blue would not be surprised he thought, but did not say for benefit of other gun owners.

I just asked him right now and he let her "lure him off side" because he was so enraged that her goal was to get him kicked out of the store.

He said next time a "Tip of the hat and a great country we live in ladies is it not" is a more mature response.