If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #103062  by cmath

During a regular stop at the BP in Middletown this past sunday morning, I had a very nice encounter with a retired NJSP lieutenant. As I was walking out of the store an older gentleman approached me and asked me if I was on duty. To which I replied "on duty? Nope just getting some smokes" he asked me if I was Law Enforcement, and I replied nope. He looked confused, he asked me how I was able to OC a sidearm if I wasn't a LEO. I explained about OC & CC in de. He was very interested and we chatted for a bit. He explained that he was retired from the NJSP after 35years and complained about the insane regulations NJ has when it comes to firearms. It was the best to date encounter I've had.
 #104405  by MrCoolDale

dakotademon7 wrote:Very cool. I'm sure you will see him OC in the future.
As a higher class citizen... I mean as a retired police officer, he gets a lifetime conceal carry permit good for the every state.
 #104417  by MrCoolDale

myopicvisionary wrote:Several states; especially NY, have jammed up a lot of retired LEOs over their retired carry credentials.
Good. There's no reason a retired police officer should be afforded more rights than the rest of us.
 #104446  by Owen

MrCoolDale wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:Several states; especially NY, have jammed up a lot of retired LEOs over their retired carry credentials.
Good. There's no reason a retired police officer should be afforded more rights than the rest of us.
I agree with Dale. That is a bad law that violates the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. But then some animals are 'more equal' on this animal farm.