You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #105248  by Hawkeye

Gentlemen, I stand corrected. Now I know for my next visit.
 #105250  by georgie c

I was in there with my daughter and son in law , who are living in d.c. , all of us are ocing she points to gun check station, I said to her that's for rifles and the attendant looks at us and said you guys are ok and we went on shopping.
 #105259  by Amy Blackthorn

Kuntryboy816 wrote: Now if Amy was working, she'd SWAT me just for the fun of it.... :troll:
Pretty much. ;) LOL

Yup, the firearms check station is for firearms to be handled. Scopes mounted, pistols looking for holsters, etc. if they see you OC they just ask that it stays in the holster. If you decide to try out a holster while you're there they just clear it, put a trigger lock on it and have someone run it back to the gun counter.
 #105275  by jstgsn

Very informative posts. I live near the big propeller and have only OC'd in my yard. Have the permit and have always gone CC. Just shy I guess. Thanks again.
 #105286  by Hawkeye

Another trip to the Christmas Store. It is rare that I am up that far twice in one week. Then on to Red Robin with my wife, daughter and granddaughter for lunch. Saw what I am pretty sure was a guy dressed as a woman in the Red Robin parking lot looking through the bushes in the direction of the lake and playground. Now I could not care less about him dressing as a woman but something about the way he was acting just did not seem right. He was gone when we came out. Anyway, we stopped at Sam’s in Dover on the way home (I have a Dover permit) and had a less than acceptable customer service experience. When we complained to a manager he sure took a long, hard look at my firearm as we were talking. It was an “interesting” day.
 #105311  by Amy Blackthorn

Hawkeye wrote:Saw what I am pretty sure was a guy dressed as a woman in the Red Robin parking lot looking through the bushes in the direction of the lake and playground. Now I could not care less about him dressing as a woman but something about the way he was acting just did not seem right. He was gone when we came out.
Maybe she lost an earring.
 #105442  by Hawkeye

Stopped in at Holden Dodge in Dover today looking to upgrade to a navigation system. At one point a young man was tasked to lead me to the cashier's office. This guy's reaction was right out of a cartoon. As we started walking he saw my firearm and stopped dead in his tracks and stared bug-eyed at my firearm for several seconds. He composed himself and said "So, you're packing heat today" to which I just ignored and kept walking. Once at the cashier's office he quickly disappeared. No one else seemed to notice or just didn't care. I would say they are a gun friendly business with one surprised young man who now probably thinks he was a story to tell his friends.
 #105563  by Hawkeye

Spent Saturday in Maryland so obviously I could not O/C but I can conceal carry in MD. I don't like feeling that I need to be armed just going to a park with my family but I always carry and at this park I am glad I did. There were more than a few questionable looking characters out and about but all was quiet and we were left alone. Sunday I OC'd in Dover stopping at Sears. Stayed outside looking at the lawn mowers. Then over to Lowe's. No problems as usual. I have the permit from the Chief of Police in Dover that says I must have that with me but I was wondering if having a copy of the letter scanned into my phone will satisfy that requirement. Maybe someone on this forum has some insight on that. Ended the day with a trip to the Lowe's in Lewes.