If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #107498  by Bullpup

I went to Pet Kare II in Pencader Plaza today, and one of the employees was open carrying! I talked with him about it for a couple minutes and he said the management doesn't have a problem with it as long as no one else does. The guy was also very friendly and helpful.

It was really nice to see this, especially since the recent armed robberies at the Exxon station in that plaza.
 #107499  by Kuntryboy816

That's awesome! I may have to start stopping in there since it's right close to my house.
 #107502  by NormH3

Have been there a few times recently and never noticed. They also have a location on Rt 40.
 #107503  by NormH3

Bullpup wrote: It was really nice to see this, especially since the recent armed robberies at the Exxon station in that plaza.
I believe those robberies were at the station on 896 south of route 4.
 #107507  by Bullpup

NormH3 wrote: I believe those robberies were at the station on 896 south of route 4.
My mistake, I was thinking of the wrong Exxon. Still pretty cool to see a pet store employee with a .45 on his hip!
 #107509  by Deast

The one on 40 is owned by the brother of the owner of the one in Newark. My step daughter has mentioned to me how they are 2A friendly. I'll have to ask her the next time I see her, but I believe there was a customer that thwarted a robbery there on night when my step daughter was not working and the owner was very grateful.
 #107513  by Bullpup

Deast, I'd love to hear that story. In any case, this is definitely my favorite pet store now!
 #107515  by Deast

Next time my step daughter stops by for dinner I'll ask her to re-tell it to me. If I recall, the customer was an off duty police officer that had her personal gun in her purse... I may have facts screwed up, but I'll get the story.
 #107726  by NormH3

Deast wrote:Next time my step daughter stops by for dinner I'll ask her to re-tell it to me. If I recall, the customer was an off duty police officer that had her personal gun in her purse... I may have facts screwed up, but I'll get the story.
Did you get the facts?