Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110085  by adrianspeeder

Highs and lows.
I was happy to have left working in the desert, but sad to have left work still to be done. I was thankful to have gotten a rest in Germany, but regretted to not have met with all my friends there. I was excited to hear of an unscheduled early flight that would directly to Dover, but somber to find out the priority cargo was a Dignified Transfer of a fallen Navy Seal. I was proud to have worked the airplane's issues for an on time takeoff, but emotional to tears as his friends carried the flag draped transfer container down the ramp. Combat aviation is like nothing else in the world. We work the sum of all skills for the safe landing, but then curse the ground for holding us until the following time in the air. Looking to the next flight saying, "Best job I ever had."

Home after a 106 day trip to the beach with no water.

Adrianspeeder
 #110108  by adrianspeeder

Half way, equal time point, mid way, half time, middle of the road, straddling the fence, or all downhill from here. Anyway you say it, 10 short years have been racked up today answering the question of, “What do you do?” with, “I’m in the Air Force.” While I’ve had the most epic trips around the world 100 plus times to 44 states, and 56 countries on 6 continents, more importantly there have been countless friends I’ve made working C-17s. It all started on May 15 2007 with flight 413 and 414 coming together to kick it off. I’m honored next week to be able to reenlist again.

Adrianspeeder
 #110114  by Stannel

adrianspeeder wrote:Half way, equal time point, mid way, half time, middle of the road, straddling the fence, or all downhill from here. Anyway you say it, 10 short years have been racked up today answering the question of, “What do you do?” with, “I’m in the Air Force.” While I’ve had the most epic trips around the world 100 plus times to 44 states, and 56 countries on 6 continents, more importantly there have been countless friends I’ve made working C-17s. It all started on May 15 2007 with flight 413 and 414 coming together to kick it off. I’m honored next week to be able to reenlist again.

Afghanistan has quite a few high and cold mountains.

Adrianspeeder
Wow what an amazing Photo!
Last edited by Stannel on Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
 #110138  by adrianspeeder

After some tech difficulties, got a second angle. Going on camping NASCAR vacation this week, so I'll be back to posting the next batch of edited photos when I return to the land of internets.

Adrianspeeder
 #110171  by pick_six

Was reminded of your thread today.

Even with ear plugs, the sounds of engines was pretty easy to hear.

Couple 130's, 3 17's, 1 AWACS, a boat load of 16's, and some others I just couldn't identify. Low wing 4 engine, looked like the 707 type air frames but just a little far to be sure.
 #110184  by adrianspeeder

Well friends, hit a goal on today's mission of 2500 hours in the air. I'd like to thank all the crews that have driven me this far.

Adrianspeeder
 #110849  by adrianspeeder

Well friends, when photobucket shit the bed with hosting, it kinda killed my motivation for posting trip pictures. Bloggers everywhere thought they would cave, and bring it back, but they are still holding strong with a 99buck a year ransom. Screw those guys. By popular demand for a third of that cost, gonna get back at this with a new website ADRIANSPEEDER for my image hosting.

Trip 137 2016-10-06 Haiti Photoset

Look at any worldwide disaster of flood, famine, fire, earthquake, tornado, typhoon, or hurricane, and before the network news cameras start rolling to get the first news coverage, there is already a C-17 quick-turning in the background for the next load. Last October, it was time to gas up the tanks, and head to the third world disaster of Hurricane Matthew bringing over 200k pounds of aid to Haiti in 2 trips. The jet didn't act up a bit, and I never unlocked the toolbox.

First stop was into Honduras where we worked out of, and was the collection point of supplies.

Gear down. Before landing check complete.

"It'll be like camping." Uhh, my camper is a lot nicer than this. "Where are we, Vietnam?" Just typical chair force lodging jokes. It was actually a nice setup with AC and Wi-Fi.

This place ain't bad at all. Got cold Colorado Kool Aid!

Short walk to dinner, but the menus weren't in English, or have pictures. Point and pick roulette didn't pick up anything good looking, but it turned out damn tasty.

Adrianspeeder