If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #13847  by scampbell3

I generally have no need for the Christiana Mall. The only occasions I have had need to go is because they have the only Apple store in the area. Had to go to get my wife's iPhone fixed and since a value my ability to protect myself in a Free Fire Zone, I conceal carry my .38 in my hip pocket. I value my safety more their "code of conduct". Do they REALLY think criminals will follow it??? :banghead:
Since this is private property with public access, they can choose to do this. However, I also have a choice as well, I choose not to be a victim. I have no belief that the 60+ y/o mall cop is going to be very effective in a violent criminal situation. "STOP----OR I SAY STOP AGAIN..."
 #13849  by SugarBoy13

scampbell3 wrote: I value my safety more their "code of conduct". Do they REALLY think criminals will follow it??? :banghead:
Since this is private property with public access, they can choose to do this. However, I also have a choice as well, I choose not to be a victim. I have no belief that the 60+ y/o mall cop is going to be very effective in a violent criminal situation. "STOP----OR I SAY STOP AGAIN..."
All they can do is ask you to leave once it is discovered. Fortunately, they will only find out about it after the perp is bleeding out on the tile...
 #110298  by Tizzy217

Ok I see this is a old topic but now it 2017 and still I see the signs gun free zone but I ha e to ask how can it be a gun free zone when they sell guns now at cabelas and it is part of mall grounds
 #110302  by Amy Blackthorn

Tizzy217 wrote:Ok I see this is a old topic but now it 2017 and still I see the signs gun free zone but I ha e to ask how can it be a gun free zone when they sell guns now at cabelas and it is part of mall grounds
Because, as you might have noticed, they're separate buildings. ;)
 #110303  by Tizzy217

Well that is true thanks I did not no it was a seperate building thanks for that lol. Anyway they take the stand its privet property and well they own all that property. ........ So its ok to have a gun in this building but not this one oh its ok over there wait wait two stores down lol its a joke
 #110330  by Kuntryboy816

Yes, what Myopic said... I spent about 30 mins in the main lobby there one morning talking with the PR/Event Coordinator about planning a possible event @ Cabelas. All this took place while I had my kids and one of the dogs there with me and I was OC. Nobody made a wide berth around us or gave me the Spock eye. As a matter of fact, a lot of people walked over to us b/c they wanted to play with the dog.
 #110332  by josephjanes

I've OC'd at Cabela's numerous times - no problem. I have my CDW license in hand for Security, but they just wave me through.