You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #54831  by myopicvisionary

I thought there was somthing stating the counties, and cities could only restrict the discharge of a firearm???????
Yes, that is state pre-emption. But Dover passed its ordinances before pre-emption came into effect.
 #54840  by willyb1972020

I know enofe to be comfertable carrying. just want to learn all I can to help myself more and anyone else I can. Thank you for all the help everyone is giving me and LOVE THE SARCASM TO!!!!
Last edited by willyb1972020 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #54947  by willyb1972020

Went to ceci's today with the family for lunch. There was two people working and about 5 or 6 people in there. The two workers looked like they seen a ghost when they spoted my Glock. We payed sat down and started to eat, Then one off them comes up to me.

Him " What are you doing carrying a gun?"
Me " I am carrying for protection."
Him " Protection from what? :pointlaugh: Thats what the cops are for."
Me " Protection from anyone who might want to hurt me or my family. O and the cops are not resopnsable for protecting you."
Him " O really, by the way is that legal?
Me " Yes it is legal in the state of Delawer to open carry. You only have to have a permit to carry conceled.
Him " Ok, well have a nice meal"
Me " We will, and you have a nice day."

Nothing after that, had a great time out and I think im getting the hang of this now. YA ME :pbjtime:
 #54965  by Dr. Eastwood

willyb1972020 wrote:Went to ceci's today with the family for lunch. There was two people working and about 5 or 6 people in there. The two workers looked like they seen a ghost when they spoted my Glock. We payed sat down and started to eat, Then one off them comes up to me.

Me " I am carrying for protection."
Him " Protection from what? :pointlaugh: Thats what the cops are for."
Me " Protection from anyone who might want to hurt me or my family. O and the cops are not resopnsable for protecting you."
Him " O really, by the way is that legal?
Me " Yes it is legal in the state of Delawer to open carry. You only have to have a permit to carry conceled.
Him " Ok, well have a nice meal"
Me " We will, and you have a nice day."

Nothing after that, had a great time out and I think im getting the hang of this now. YA ME :pbjtime:
My favorite response to give (that I saw on this forum somewhere) is "Because a cop is too heavy to carry everywhere".
 #56840  by Mirlen

Dr. Eastwood wrote:
willyb1972020 wrote:Went to ceci's today with the family for lunch. There was two people working and about 5 or 6 people in there. The two workers looked like they seen a ghost when they spoted my Glock. We payed sat down and started to eat, Then one off them comes up to me.

My favorite response to give (that I saw on this forum somewhere) is "Because a cop is too heavy to carry everywhere".
I'd probably say:

"Eatting lunch." :)
 #76901  by willyb1972020

Went to Walmart on rt 40 no problems. Had some Indian woman saying something as she was walking towards me (she was talking to her friend) and when she got right next to me she said GUN in a medium loud voice which got my attention and put me on guard :sparring: for a moment. My guess she was talking to her friend in there language about my gun but said gun right next to me in English. :?
 #77061  by willyb1972020

Went out to a couple places today no problems. Stopped by x-ring to pick up a couple things. It was a mad house in there sold out of everything i needed except 9mm rounds.
 #77069  by astro_wanabe

willyb1972020 wrote:Went out to a couple places today no problems. Stopped by x-ring to pick up a couple things. It was a mad house in there sold out of everything i needed except 9mm rounds.
How much was the 9mm going for?
 #77077  by davidtor

willyb1972020 wrote:Yesterday (7-16-2011) I went out with the fam. to WAWA got some smokes. Then stoped at Walmart, and then went out to eat at Denny's. There just happin to be 6 under cover cops there. I thought to myself is all of the dunkin donuts closed and great going to get hassled by cops when i have my kids with me. Someone was looking out for me because nothing happend. They staired at me the hole time and a state cop followed us home. So fun fun fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today (7-17-2011) I went to get gas and smokes, For some reason there was a undercover cop driving around the neighborhood. Waved hi like i alwas do and went on my way. When i got back my wife was talking to the cop. When they were done i asked her what was going on. She said the cop called her over and started talking to her about me carrying a gun. And how i am a target and its not safe for me or the kids if there around me. Whell at this point im pissed off. But let it go. We will see were it goes from here.
That would get me mad also if a cop told my girlfriend that( in my case lol) I've been around plenty of cops while i was OC'ing and they have yet to say anything to me especially on my street there is always cops because of some of the people that live up the street. They are always up to no good. I usually go to be nosey and ask the cops if everything is ok haha. I didn't like how the cop said you would become a target I truly believe anyone, especially criminals, respect a person with a gun. I believe you become less of a target if a criminal sees a gun on you. They aren't that brave, they take advantage of who they know couldn't cause harm to them I'm guessing. Just my opinion.