You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #85734  by jrock419

I Recently Decided To Open Carry Because Right Now Gong Through A Classfor A CCDW is OuT Ofthe Question Due To Work And Family. To Be Honest I Was Nervous To Start ou OC'ing But When I Started Going To Small Places Such As Gas Stations And Small Town Storesi RealIZed No One Either Noticed OrThey Didnt Mind. I Live Incamdem So I Carry All Over Town,But Being So Close To Dover I Watch MY ProximitY.I Still OC To ThIs Day And Getting More Use To it.
 #85757  by Kuntryboy816

jrock419 wrote:I Recently Decided To Open Carry Because Right Now Gong Through A Classfor A CCDW is OuT Ofthe Question Due To Work And Family. To Be Honest I Was Nervous To Start ou OC'ing But When I Started Going To Small Places Such As Gas Stations And Small Town Storesi RealIZed No One Either Noticed OrThey Didnt Mind. I Live Incamdem So I Carry All Over Town,But Being So Close To Dover I Watch MY ProximitY.I Still OC To ThIs Day And Getting More Use To it.
Congrats. From what I've read on here, steer clear of Walmart when OC'ing.
 #85758  by Boots

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Congrats. From what I've read on here, steer clear of Walmart when OC'ing.
Who had a problem at a Walmart here in DE?

I've never had a problem OCing at Walmart. However, if I ever were asked by management to leave I would do so. I expect businesses to follow local laws regarding firearms until I'm told otherwise.
 #85763  by 02337

I think he meant Walmart on Camden, as that's where he's from. From the one or 2 bad experiences that's happened at Camden reported here.
 #85771  by jrock419

I Actually Asked Management Today While In Walmart If They Cared If Someone Was OC'ing, And They Started There Was Nothing They Could Do Because Its Not Illegal But They Don't Want It To Cause A Problem.I Even Asked A Department Manager In Sporting Goods About It And She Also Said She Doesn't MinD And They PeOple Have Actually Been Doing It Allot Lately.
 #85779  by Kuntryboy816

02337 wrote:I think he meant Walmart on Camden, as that's where he's from. From the one or 2 bad experiences that's happened at Camden reported here.
Correct! Not that such incidents would wholly deter me from OC there but I'd be a bit more aware of what may happen there given the past history with a couple OC patrons having LEO called on them. As a matter of fact, I think those examples should encourage more OC'ers to patronize that Walmart until the sight of someone OC doesn't trigger anymore MWAG calls. I believe the more people that see others OC may make those who do not realize, "Hey, maybe firearms aren't the scaaaaaary devils out government says they are." Who knows... maybe one day! :mrgreen:
 #85795  by Daveman

I work at Walmart in Milford. OC'ing IS allowed. Store manager confirmed it to me. And told an assistant to email all management that it is lawful. But if customers start complaining or whatever they will ask us to leave. Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know