[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 178: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_LAST_DAY"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_LAST_DAY"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 178: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_WEEK"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_WEEK"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 139: Undefined array key "MAIN_FORUM"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 146: Undefined array key "MAIN_TRENDS"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 146: Undefined array key "MAIN_MAIN_STUFF"
Loading 300 AAC Blackout - Page 2 - Delaware Open Carry
Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
  by myopicvisionary

Yeah, home annealing is more art than science.
  by Owen

myopicvisionary wrote:Yeah, home annealing is more art than science.
It sure is! I actually melted the neck on few. :oops: Switching from MAP gas to propane helped with that a lot. I need to think more finesse less Tim Allen. :lol:

Bullet (208gr A-max) and case with an assembled dummy round
Last edited by Owen on Fri May 23, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by sethinde

I have been looking for an AR for a while and have considered the 300 BLK. I also like my firearms chambered in 9mm. But I can't help but think that I need a rifle in 5.56/.223. I have found one that may fit the bill.

Since I know you like your CMMG I figured I would post this.

http://gunmartblog.com/2014/01/30/cmmg- ... -calibers/

The new Mk4 T series rifles are CMMG’s latest definition of versatility. With four different calibers and two different barrel types to choose from, the Mk4 T line-up has something for everyone. Whether looking for your first AR, defending the homestead, planning that next hog hunt or just wanting a fun gun to have around – the Mk4 T has you covered.

The Mk4 T is available in four different calibers, including 5.56×45 NATO, .300 AAC Blackout, 9mm and .22 long rifle. The 5.56mm and .300 BLK models are offered with either a 416 stainless or a nitrided 4140 CrMo steel barrel in a medium taper profile. The 9mm and .22 LR versions come standard with the nitride 4140 CrMo M4 profile barrel.

The Mk4 T includes an RKM11 KeyMod free-floating hand guard with a 1913 Picatinny rail on top. The KeyMod slots are found at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions and offer shooters a low-profile mounting alternative to the M1913 Picatinny rail. For accessories that are not yet KeyMod compatible, users can purchase a separate CMMG 5-slot Picatinny adapter rail that can be easily attached to any of the KeyMod slots for optimal placement of the accessories.

CMMG Mk4 T Specifications:

Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO/.300 AAC Blackout/9mm/22 long rifle
Barrel: 16″ medium weight tapered profile (5.56mm, 300 BLK)
Muzzle: A2 Comp., Threaded ½-28 (5.56mm, 22LR), ½-36 (9mm), 5/8-24 (300 BLK)
Hand Guard: CMMG RKM11 KeyMod hand guard
Upper Receiver: Forged 7075-T6 AL M4
Lower Receiver: Forged 7075-T6 AL AR15
Trigger: Single stage mil-spec style trigger
Furniture: A2 pistol grip, M4 butt stock with 6-position mil-spec receiver extension
Weight: 6.3 pounds (unloaded)
Length: 32 inches (stock collapsed)

PRODUCT Barrel Type Magazine MSRP
Mk4 T 5.56mm Bead Blasted 416 SS 1:7” Twist 30-rd PMAG $1,049.95
Mk4 T 5.56mm SBN Nitrided 4140 CrMo 1:7” Twist 30-rd PMAG $999.95
Mk4 T .300 BLK Bead Blasted 416 SS 1:7” Twist 30-rd PMAG $1,049.95
Mk4 T .300 BLk SBN Nitrided 4140 CrMo 1:7” Twist 30-rd PMAG $999.95
Mk9 T 9mm Nitrided 4140 CrMo 1:10” Twist 32-rd $1,149.95
Mk9 T .22LR Nitrided 4140 CrMo 1:16” Twist 25-rd R3 $899.95
Share this:
  by Owen

sethinde wrote:I have been looking for an AR for a while and have considered the 300 BLK. I also like my firearms chambered in 9mm. But I can't help but think that I need a rifle in 5.56/.223. I have found one that may fit the bill.

Since I know you like your CMMG I figured I would post this.
My AR is a Palmetto but I appreciate the info. CMMG is good stuff too. :D

After loading even hotter and having them not cycle I decided to open up my gas port. It's now .125". It should cycle subsonic bullets now. If weather plays along I'll find out Friday.
  by sethinde

Ahh, didn't know that. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Palmetto is good too.
  by Owen

sethinde wrote:Ahh, didn't know that. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Palmetto is good too.
No worries! In 'my' thread hijacking is allowed... :troll:
  by Owen

Back OT: I will be heading to Ommelanden this afternoon to test some more loads with the new gas port. :)
  by cj45lc

Are you still trying to use the 7.6 - 8.3 gr of powder with the larger gas port ?
Good Luck
  by Owen

cj45lc wrote:Are you still trying to use the 7.6 - 8.3 gr of powder with the larger gas port ?
Good Luck
Nah, I had it up to 10gr before opening up of the port. More than 10gr was scaring me. That's why I started researching the subsonic loads not cycling.

There is a good write up here that I got the port opening idea from.: http://micromoa.com/?page_id=496. I decided just to open it up to the max because I can always get an adjustable gas block if I want to shoot supersonic but for now I want to get subsonic unsuppressed to work well. The port choking flow makes perfect sense to me. The upper came with a .09375"(3/32") port so started at .109375" (7/64") but went to .125" (1/8"). A lot of other 300 blackout uppers come in at .110". I have carbine length gas system not pistol length which also play in to it.

I am not able to go to the range today so I'll probably just build some up starting back in the 8gr range. I have some left overs from 9.2gr to 10gr so I just need to make the lower end. I like reloading so it'll still be fun! Plus I got a new Lyman kinetic bullet pullet so leftovers can be recovered. Only problem there is that the plastic tips can get deformed but they don't need to be pretty to shoot! :lol:
  by cj45lc

interesting to say the least