Discussion about specific topics of Delaware law. Suggest new topics of discussion in General Discussion forum.
 #80985  by Sodbuster

Just OC on your left hip and take the doors off. :D

That's my plan for my CJ7.....this summer. :lol:
 #80991  by Kuntryboy816

Sodbuster wrote:Just OC on your left hip and take the doors off. :D

:lol: You have less of a dash than I do in your CJ. I can't wait till it gets a little warmer so I can ditch the top and doors! It'll be interesting to see the looks I'll get when people drive by and see the holstered weapon on the side of the dash. :o
 #80995  by astro_wanabe

Kuntryboy816 wrote:

:lol: You have less of a dash than I do in your CJ. I can't wait till it gets a little warmer so I can ditch the top and doors! It'll be interesting to see the looks I'll get when people drive by and see the holstered weapon on the side of the dash. :o
You're assuming people would look up from their cellphones long enough to notice! Maybe we should take bets on how long it takes before you get your first double-take? I'll start with "atleast 2 weeks" :)
 #81000  by Kuntryboy816

astro_wanabe wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:

You're assuming people would look up from their cellphones long enough to notice! Maybe we should take bets on how long it takes before you get your first double-take? I'll start with "atleast 2 weeks" :)
Good point! My Jeeps lifted so maybe people won't look up as much... Then again it's painted snow camo so that tends to draw some attention. I'll have to start some sort of poll once I start running w/o top n doors. 8-)
 #96938  by EndSupremacy

Ok, I didn't read all 10 pages here. So maybe someone already asked this. Can I oc in my car with my empty holster on my hip and my LOADED gun on the passenger seat or dash? I only ask this because to have to keep taking off your holster and putting it back on every time you get in and out of the car is pretty annoying. If the gun is in your trunk, does it have to be unloaded?
 #96942  by astro_wanabe

EndSupremacy wrote:Ok, I didn't read all 10 pages here. So maybe someone already asked this. Can I oc in my car with my empty holster on my hip and my LOADED gun on the passenger seat or dash? I only ask this because to have to keep taking off your holster and putting it back on every time you get in and out of the car is pretty annoying. If the gun is in your trunk, does it have to be unloaded?
Doesn't matter where the holster is, just where the gun is (although I do recommend securing the gun somehow so it doesn't slide around or go flying in a crash). Loaded / unloaded only matters if you are trying to meet the requirements for either protection during interstate transportation under FOPA or one of the exemptions to the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act.
 #96955  by Kuntryboy816

The best alternative that I have found is to purchase another holster for transportation. I bought 2 Bulldog nylon holsters ($15 @ Xring) just for this purpose. One is attached to the dash in my Jeep and the other resides in my wifes car. When I get into my Jeep, I unholster and then secure it into the dash holster. When I am driving my wife's vehicle, I take the holster out of the glove box and secure my sidearm in it. Then it goes onto the passenger seat with the seatbelt holding it or if the wife and kids are in the car, my wife usually holds onto it.
 #97777  by Kuntryboy816

Dugan wrote::pointlaugh: :pointlaugh: :pointlaugh:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:My Jeeps lifted

It is? hehe
Well all I had to compare it to was your rice burner. :P
 #98922  by DelCorrections

Here is something if you take your handgun apart take the slide off barrel out and you put the "PIECES" in different place like frame in center console, slide in the glove box and barrel separate you technically are not transporting a fire arm its pieces am I correct . Looking for feedback...